Print Thread
E
Erikem Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Hi everyone

I'm new to modding and I would like to try and create a mod with new skills.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to make skills depend on the statuses I have on SELF?

I know of several simple examples like: "REQUIREMENTS !immobile" but it doesn't work with normal statuses like SHOCKED not to say about custom statuses.

What I'm looking for is vaguely following

A skill FireLash (targets single enemy) has to be cast with following requirements:
1. Caster must be burning OR on necrofire. Otherwise skill cannot be cast (should be deactivated like jump skills when my speed is 0)
2. Caster must have new status (introduced by me) ElementalAbsorption
3. If caster is on necrofire FireLash does +50% extra damage
4. If caster is also shocked at the same time then FireLash should receive +50% extra damage as air damage (in tthis case skill will deal both fire and air damage)
5. On cast FireLash removes burning and necrofire conditions from caster
6. FireLash should be a proper learnable and memorizable skill and not a skill granted by status

Later on I would like to be able to do the same trick with more custom statuses

Question is - which of these steps are possible to do at all and which are possible to implement without using scripts?

P.S. I have posted similar question on steam but I have a very strong feeling that community here is more experienced with modding

Last edited by Erikem; 22/11/17 01:39 PM.
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Hi Erikem,

Originally Posted by Erikem
1. Caster must be burning OR on necrofire. Otherwise skill cannot be cast (should be deactivated like jump skills when my speed is 0)

I suggest you have a look at the stats for Combustion as it is a skill that does additional damage if the target is burning. It might not exactly meet your needs, but it might be a good starting point.

Regards,
Koala

E
Erikem Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by Larian_Koala
Hi Erikem,

Originally Posted by Erikem

I suggest you have a look at the stats for Combustion as it is a skill that does additional damage if the target is burning. It might not exactly meet your needs, but it might be a good starting point.

Regards,
Koala

Hi, Koala,

Quoted part is actually about "making skill not usable at all" if I don't have certain status. For example making it impossible to cast InfernalFires if I am not BURNING.

As for your suggestion to look at Combustion - I have no problems big problems of adding extra damage if my TARGET has some status. Biggest problem is in adding extra damage to my TARGET if SELF has some status.

Imagine a Firelord that casts InfusedFireball. Normally InfusedFireball is nothing but a normal Fireball but if Firelord is BURNING then all targets of InfusedFireball will get 50% extra piercing damage and NECROFIRE.

This is the one that is hard to implement

Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Well we do throw a CharacterStatusAttempt that has the "StatusCausee", so you should be able to use that to query the caster and see if they have the appropriate status.

If you combine that with a dummy status you might be able to get something workable.

Regards,
Koala

E
Erikem Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Isn't this scripting? I was initially asking for a script-less way to do it.

If scripting is involved I know how to do it.

L
L
Unfortunately, what you're trying to do isn't supported in the skill system.
You can try and script it, though.

E
Erikem Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Actually I have figured out how to do it without scripting but it takes some silly amount of effort. And with just how buggy the engine and Stats editor is - it is even harder to do =)

In the end I went into 50/50 usage of both story scripts and Stats because only that way the amount of effort becomes "moderate" instead of "insane"

Link Copied to Clipboard