Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Raal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Have been working on this for a while now, and have scaled back to a simple level to try to get a quest journal entry added to the journal.

I've followed Windemere's tutorial at Creating and Updating a Quest Journal, and have also added a DB_Dialogs for character and a trigger to also try to update journal via scripting.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Screenshot below of level running, after talking with quest giver and going through tutorial, with nothing being added to Quest Journal =/

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem could be? =/

Raal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok, solved smile. I'll put together a written tutorial for others, but what was occurring was the calls were happening before the level was loaded. Windemere's video at Character Creation and Story Cleanup assisted with this.

Steps I took were (code at end):

1) Added a new item (goal) for the level (TheGrove), and added other goals underneath it as sub items
2) Added code to check that the level has started and loaded first before initializing the levels goals

[Linked Image]

Code
DB_CheckLevelStart("TheGrove");

Code
IF
RegionStarted("TheGrove")
THEN
GoalCompleted;

IF
DB_CheckLevelStart("TheGrove")
AND
DB_CurrentLevel("TheGrove")
THEN
GoalCompleted;

Code
NOT DB_CheckLevelStart("TheGrove");

And the final result :), a working journal entry... finally ^^.

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Glad you figured it out. I feel bad that trying to simplify things in the beginning of the series so as not to overwhelm people has caused you (and a couple of others) some hiccups. I wish Youtube still allowed annotating videos, it would be a lot easier to call attention to the pitfall. Good job resolving it.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods

Link Copied to Clipboard