Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rheingold
In spite of my better judgement I fired up the game, first time in a long time.... started a new game and can't be bothered to carry on already. Bugs. Really unpleasant ones. The skipping turns for no reason whatsoever is still there, worse than ever, and now my companions keep attacking each other, also for no reason. Really Larian!

Can't imagine what to say, guy--I have >150 hours in; with this patch getting ready to start my 4th game (have yet to finish!)--I've never seen your problems even once...! Odd, to say the least--as I am playing with a variety of characters doing different things, too. I play in Classic mode, too. So I cannot speak to any other mode. Certainly the problems you describe are far from being universal. Hope you can figure out what's wrong...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
E
E
Originally Posted by celtek
archived quests not appearing in the journal under the archive tab

Well known bug, still not fixed. I guess seeing your quests in the log wasn't deemed as "critical". While some controller issues - in a PC game - were.

You'll have to wait until next year, then maybe, just maybe, it will be fixed.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
D
stranger
stranger
D
Apologies for crashing the party but so far my experience is...terrible.

Just for starters:
-Resurrection scrolls are inconsistent. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Either way, a scroll & AP is deducted from my inventory or turn. So far, I've only confirmed the bug while fighting Isbeil below Arx.

-Knockdown arrows do not fire as a second action. For example, if Ifan has 4AP on turn 1 and I first use a basic attack (-2 AP) and then use a knockdown arrow (an additional 2 AP) the arrow is deducted from my inventory but nothing fires. This has been a regular issue for me regardless of

-Teleportation is inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes my turn ends.

-While in Arx and finishing the Lohse question line, 3 groups of demons are scattered around Arx. Whenever I fight one group, the rest turn hostile even though they are on the other side of town.

A variety of other actions are messing up in combat.

I have no idea what's happened but because I run 2 archers, my current game is more or less unplayable. Will wait for a response before I start a new game.

E
E
Originally Posted by Davo
For example, if Ifan has 4AP on turn 1 and I first use a basic attack (-2 AP) and then use a knockdown arrow (an additional 2 AP) the arrow is deducted from my inventory but nothing fires.

We need a new patch to fix this patch. Sigh..

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Davo
Apologies for crashing the party but so far my experience is...terrible.

Just for starters:
-Resurrection scrolls are inconsistent. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Either way, a scroll & AP is deducted from my inventory or turn. So far, I've only confirmed the bug while fighting Isbeil below Arx.

-Knockdown arrows do not fire as a second action. For example, if Ifan has 4AP on turn 1 and I first use a basic attack (-2 AP) and then use a knockdown arrow (an additional 2 AP) the arrow is deducted from my inventory but nothing fires. This has been a regular issue for me regardless of

On reddit they were saying that targeted consumables have a new bug where they consume the entire AP cost when targeting, and then again when you launch. If you don't have enough AP to pay the entire cost again when you launch, then you lose the item, the AP and also nothing happens.

Last edited by vometia; 06/12/17 08:10 AM. Reason: formatting
E
E
No issues here so far. For other people having issues, did you tried veryfing cache files (if you are on Steam)?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Definitely not an issue on space. It run this on an SSD with another 100GB of space left, unless a save is supposed to be over a 100GB lul... Never had this issue before. Also, I started experiencing crashes with the Send Report button, which I never had before, not even when they released the early access for the first chapter of the game, so I am baffled about this.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I reckon the stat inflation which moves exponentially as you level up is a major problem in the game.

There is a mod addressing the problem. It's not perfect but it works
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1142608415

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
The skipping turns for no reason whatsoever is still there

This is probably due to the round-robin initiative system. If your initiative is too low enemy may act twice before your turn:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=622422&page=1

Originally Posted by Luckmann
For simplicity's sake, imagine a scenario in which you are alone against two opponents, and for whatever reason, they both have higher initiative than you. It results in the following turn-order:

Enemy #1
You
Enemy #2

Soon, you'll kill an enemy. Who're you killing? It better not be Enemy #1, because then the following happens!

Enemy #1 takes his turn.
You take your turn, and you kill Enemy #1.
Enemy #2 takes his turn.
Enemy #2 takes another turn, because it is now a new round and Enemy #2 at the top of the turn order now, because Enemy #1 has died.

Again, the player has boned himself by killing the opponent, through no fault of his own. Had he instead killed Enemy #2, the result would've been different, without the enemy essentially getting a free turn.

worse than ever, and now my companions keep attacking each other, also for no reason. Really Larian!

Are you referring to the fight where Lohse is possesssed by demon?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thanks I might give the mod a whirl though it still dosn't absolve Larian from their mess. Regarding the initiative - it's not a new problem. Not sure what the problem is but sometimes some of my characters just miss a turn for no apparent reason. This time there was only one opponent involved so it could not have been because I killed someone...
The attacking each other is new - I never had it before, and it was not due to the Saheila encounter. It was just as I picked Sebille up - Beast for some reason took an intense dislike to her and started smacking her. Lohse joined in shortly afterwards. No idea why. BTW I don't have any mods. Just seems to me the patch has broken more than it fixed. Larian should rather work on the story and balancing the game - they don't seem to know how to patch bugs...

E
E
Beast for some reason took an intense dislike to her

Maybe he was just jealous cause she's beautiful and tall, and he...you know..

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
It was just as I picked Sebille up - Beast for some reason took an intense dislike to her and started smacking her.

Does she have stench? If the attitude level is too low it may cause npc or even teammates become hostile.

E
E
Sebille doesn't stink, how dare you! She has a delicate yet refreshing scent, like that of rain falling through forest leaves.

Pirate dwarves on the other hand...

E
E
I don't know what demon compelled me to install this broken patch. First thing I've tried was saving..and it's true! It doesn't save. Saving... 30 minutes later, still saving... And you can't save again or load, even the quit game button is greyed out. Only solution is ALT+F4 but of course then you lose all your progress..

Larian, please get your stuff together. This patch introduced 2 completely game breaking bugs, consumables and this. This is embarrassing.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Evangeline
This patch introduced 2 completely game breaking bugs, consumables and this. This is embarrassing.
Don't be embarrassed. What did you try to do to fix it?

You could try unticking the new auto-add boxes for the toolbar - that works according to reddit.

I did that (immediately actually) and had no problems at all. I only left the skill one ticked.

Both continuing from an old save and new playthrough work absolutely fine.

Try it and see - hopefully it will work for you too.

E
E
Thanks for the help, it doesn't work unfortunately. I tried leaving skills ticked, leaving just "remove unmemorized skills" ticked, unticking everything. Nothing works - game doesn't save at all.

I didn't mean embarrassing for me, I meant embarrassing for Larian.

R
stranger
stranger
R
No she doesn't have stench. Near as I can tell it was a completely unwarranted attack. Even taking Sebilles charming personality into account. smile
At any rate I'll give the game one more chance - I've downloaded and installed the reducing stat bloat mod. Not entirely sure why a modder has to fix such an obvious bad design decision. Surely Larian should have picked it up....

E
E
Near as I can tell it was a completely unwarranted attack..

My money is still on a height related inferiority complex laugh

A
stranger
stranger
A
Balance must be a nightmare for this game. It tries to make your stats fair for your level, skills, gear, etc.. while at the same time trying to encourage creative thinking that can produce a "game breaking" solution. It's actually promoted right on the main site that you can "break the game" with creative thinking and tactics. So if finding OP solutions to problems is 100% intended, can this game even be balanced? Lol :P

My favorite quote is: "Two possibilities exist; Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying" - Arthur C. Clarke
veteran
veteran
Though the 0815 attribute und skill leveling system and the armor system kind of kill real creativity. In the first game you could play a rogue-airmage-tank and still be effective, in this game being a tank is useless and combining magical with physical sucks even more. In the first game, as far as I remember there surely were some imbalances, but no damage type was superior to others. Now Physical beats magic in general and fire/earth beats water/air in usefulness.

Sure, there will be always posibilities to break the game, just because of the difference between In-combat-speed and ouf-of-combat-speed work. But the numbers inflation in the endgame and the numbers bloat in tactician don't make the game more interesting or challenging, only more of a chore were you heavily depend on a fitting level and level fitting equipment if you don't want to use gamebreaking mechanics.

All that matters is damage in this game, therefore Lonewolf is the probably most broken mechanic.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard