Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
WTHX Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I have described a workaround on my workshop mod.
It is like this:
Create so you have the following path of folders:
...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\Shared\Content\Assets\Character\[PAK]_armour\

NOTE The folder names are case-sensative so make sure it is exactly as above.

Go to ...\<<Your Username>>\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\Mods
Extract the "sebille_armour_041....pak" file and place all files from the "Content\[PAK]_armours\" folder to the path you created first.
(...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\Shared\Content\Assets\Character\[PAK]_armour\)

This should enable the mod passivly and not even disable achivments.

Note that instead of [PAK]_armour you have the name of your package in the mod tools. Also if you made the mod yourself you will not have the .pak file (unless you publish your project.) instead you have a folder located ...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\sebille_armour_04...\Content\[PAK]_armours\
that is filled with .lsf files that you instead place in the location mentioned.

addict
addict
Hey guys,

sorry for the late response, only just back in action after a short leave. That being said I don't have an immediate answer as to why this changed but I wanted to let you know we're aware and I'll come back to this asap when I have more information smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 24/11/17 03:27 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
stranger
stranger
Hey

Work like a charm, many thanks WTHX smile

screenshot of my plate armor soon wink
(human/male)

[spolier] [Linked Image] [/spolier]
[spolier][Linked Image][/spolier]

and in game...i'm on the special textures (mask removed, no colors, always leather for this armor)...

edit: you can find the mod on nexus "realistic plate armor" wink

Edit: another possibility...i don't know.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by FantasyWarrior; 08/12/17 04:40 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Im confused by Step 5.

stranger
stranger
I have too much versions of the plate armor lol, maybe 5 ^^
http://tw.greywool.com/i/nwUt2.jpg

step 5 :
1 select your mod-folder
2 just clic on this icon wink
[Linked Image]

and name the package
[Linked Image]

and you have added a "package"
[Linked Image]

continue steps 6,7,8...

Last edited by FantasyWarrior; 10/12/17 06:36 PM.
stranger
stranger
Ho, and please ^^

How to do the same thing but for a weapon please ???!!!

http://tw.greywool.com/i/Hw3Gd.jpg

I've tried a looooooooot of thing without succes :-(

how to replace a weapon ?

or with an existing model...WPN_human sword2H A is really better than sword2HB for ex...

Last edited by FantasyWarrior; 16/12/17 12:10 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
@FantasyWarrior
As to the weapons, this should work (i created a few NEW weapons but the replacement process is very simillar)

1) Add your new weapon mesh to Resourse manager
*nothing special here, as ussual, create folder / package and "add resourse" - model

2) Find a weapon you want to replace in RootTemplate
*will be in "weapons" folder.
*optional - to be sure it is a right one, better to follow it the whole way from TreasureTable> stats/weapon > ItemProgressionVisual > RootTemplate
3) Copy it's GUID numbers (can be done with RMB -> copy), save it somewhere

4) RMB "create new from existent"
5) Change the VisualResourse (the model you created and added to ResourseManager) and file name (won't let you save with same name) and press "create"

6) Now find your created weapon in RootTemplate ("all" folder + search tab, will be blue colored)
7) Copy the GUID number of your new weapon and save it somewhere

8) Copy a file ItemProgressionVisuals.txt from (Data\Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Data) to
(\Data\Public<YourMode>\Stats\Generated\Data)
*optional. Same can be done with editor "ItemProgression" tab (just copy all and paste in your mod), but it is ussually so buggy that i prefere using notepad directly.

9) Open it, find and replace the GUID values of the weapon you are replacing to the numbers of your created weapon. (the numbers you "saved somewhere")
*there should be a few of them, not just 1, use search

This file is responceble for generating items, can tweak lvl it will drop for, can replace a few other meshes if you want etc.

Hope it helped.

B
stranger
stranger
B
thanks for the nice tutorial. for me it didn't worked out. all steps seem to work perfectly (besides when importing the new model to an existing one, the preview doesn't show any change but the paths are showing correctly) but in game nothing has changed. also weird is when i reopen the editor my folder with the package is still there but it's always empty (although i've saved it always).

i've wanted to replace a shield with a weapon model.
but as for testing i was trying to replace a one-handed-wand with another model from a one-handed-wand. but nothing worked.

any help would be really appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard