Next Thread
Print Thread
#585252 11/09/16 10:03 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I was wondering if Divinity: Original Sin II will be released in early acces on MAC OSX too?
If not on the 15th of september maybe later down the line?

Support
Support

Currently it is Windows only. Other platforms may be announced later.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have a PC and a MacBook and when i'm at a friends place i bring my Mac with me to play games with them.
If I buy the early access on PC now on Steam, do I have to buy the game again when the Mac release comes out? I am planning to play 4 player co-op together in one house.

Support
Support

If you buy the game on Steam (or GOG, when available) that will include the OSX and Linux releases, if and when the game is ported to those platforms. You would not have to re-buy it.

The initial Early Access release will not include gamepad support or local split screen co-op (those functions still need to be updated for D:OS 2).

M
stranger
stranger
M
Great Thank you Raze!!!

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Yo speak about estimated dates for mac osx release.

Last edited by theflightless; 14/09/16 11:51 AM.
Support
Support

There is no estimate, and currently an OSX release has not been announced. The focus is on developing the game; other platforms may be announced later in development, or after release.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello!
It's been about 14 months since I originally posted this. I've been a big fan of the original game and I supported both through kickstarter. Now it's been 1 year+ and I sadly haven't had a chance to play yet. (Apart from PVP, which I really enjoyed, at a Belgian event (Facts))

Is there any update on the mac release? I've been dying to play ever since the early acces was announced.
I sadly cannot play on windows computer.

Hope you can give me some info!
Thank you smile

E
E
Even if I do not own a Mac computer, I would like to see D:OS2 ported to other platforms and probably the option for Vulkan API or something like that. It would be awesome.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If D:OS1 is anything to go by I wouldn't get my hopes up. Last time cross-platform development clearly wasn't taken into account when choosing the tools/libraries for the game, which made porting much harder than it could have been and which they received quite a bit of flak for.

Given how they have gone out of their way not to commit to any other platforms I fear this time is no different, not to mention that many people on other platforms still appear to be sour due to how things went last time (resulting in an even smaller potential market than the first time around, I imagine).

If you really want to play the game I'd recommend trying to get access to a Windows machine somewhere (or use some virtualisation tool on your Mac)

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard