Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#638598 07/12/17 10:27 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi everyone,

In our enthusiasm to get as many issues fixed as we could in our latest patch, a bug slipped through the net! This hotfix should address the most urgent problems, but we will continue to look into your feedback on the patch.

Don't forget to report any issue here on the forums, or contact our support via supportdos2@larian.com and we will do our best to get critical problems out of the way as soon as possible.
  • Fixed an issue making items used via the hotbar cost an incorrect amount of AP
  • Fixed a problem regarding destroyed visuals reappearing when loading a savegame from the previous patch
  • Fixed context menu in GM character management panel
  • Fixed a crash related to split-screen in character creation
  • Fixed a visual problem related to split-screen when using the magic mirror

E
E
Any news on the saving bug? Can't play the game if it won't save.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
Support
Support

Do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and start a new game?

Can you load an old save from your current playthrough and save? If so can you then load a recent save and make a new save?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can cause problems during the save and load process, but usually just increasing the time taken, in the few cases reported.

E
E
The problem only occurs on recent saves - I loaded a save back from Fort Joy and I was able to save fine. Went back to a recent save and still can't save.

So if I create a new profile and start a new game, it's probably going to work. That doesn't help me though.

I don't have any antivirus or firewall. Things were working fine before the last patch. I'm not the only one with the issue.

Last edited by Evangeline; 07/12/17 11:34 AM.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with your most recent save that works, and the oldest where you can no longer save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Originally Posted by Evangeline

***snip***

I don't have any antivirus or firewall.

***snip***

Seriously? No anti-virus? No firewall?

I'd call that reckless and ill-advised.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
E
E
Update: installed this patch, the issue is gone. I can save now. Thanks Larian and Raze.

@Ayath - my main system is a Mac, Windows PC is basically a game console to me. I only have games on it and only from Steam or GOG.

Support
Support

The hotfix didn't actually include anything to address this specifically, though it did help a couple people. The problem may have been with the patch not installing properly, or some system conflict, etc.

If anyone else has this issue:
A couple of people have provided saves (one just the most recent working save), but the problem was not reproducible.

Rather than just the saves, for anyone else experiencing this, please email supportdos2@larian.com, with the report.zip file generated by the D:OS 2 Analysis Tool below (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Extract the zip file somewhere handy (like the Desktop) and in the AnalysisTool_DOS2 folder, run corresponding executable. It should detect the game install path, but if not you can browse to the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' folder. Optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

https://divinity.game/AnalysisTool_DOS2.zip

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size you can delete most of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the ..\Savegames\Story folder), just leaving your most recent working save, oldest that will not save after loading and maybe the most recent.

If anyone is providing a link for the report.zip, and doesn't mind a large upload, a full set of saves might be useful, as well.

Alternately:

To check if there are issues not caught by verifying local files, there is a way to effectively reinstall Steam games without having to redownload it.
Right click on the game in the Steam library and select 'Backup Game Files...'. When that is done, right click again and 'Delete Local Content...', then in Windows Explorer, make sure the install folder has either been removed or is empty (before deleting, right click, select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and select 'Browse Local Files...'), then restore the game backup.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, or Galaxy for GOG, and just start the game directly from the '..\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' executable when required.

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam / Galaxy running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2, create a new profile and exit. Copy your latest save from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ..\Savegames\Story folder. If that lets you load the saves and re-save, move the rest of the saves over (then please zip the renamed folder and email it to support).
If that doesn't help, delete the new My Documents D:OS 2 folder and rename the original back again.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer
Originally Posted by Evangeline

***snip***

I don't have any antivirus or firewall.

***snip***

Seriously? No anti-virus? No firewall?

I'd call that reckless and ill-advised.

No firewall, yes shouldn't go that way it prevents malicous thingies sometimes. Virusscanners however tend to be shit, resource consuming and not picking up new stuff.

I have windows defender and regular firewall (w10) and I never have any problems, (I do know what I am doing though and keep my system up to date)

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard