Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Be careful when fighting the Troll King. He will hit you with an enchanted weapon that applies a slow effect to you.

It's supposed to wear off shortly after it is applied but you can interrupt this somehow. Some combination of going into stealth, using a trap, applying poison to a weapon, and using the pause caused the slow effect to remain on my Survivor character. It persists in your save. I didn't do too much testing, but it does not get fixed by encumbering yourself and unencumbering yourself, using a bed, or getting healed by a healer.

The game pretty much just writes the slow value as your new base speed and whatever way it's done if the loop doesn't return right or gets interrupted or something it seems like you're stuck with it. It then saves onto your character's saves, and loads back when you load the save.

So be careful when fighting the Troll King. Make sure you have a save from before fighting him and if you notice your speed remaining slow for as much as a minute or something, go back and try to buff yourself up or even gain some levels and just hack & slash your way through it.

Last edited by megabattlelord99; 29/11/17 01:49 AM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello again,

Hit that same bug, so just remember to save often and when you see the Troll King, think of your last save. Run like hell to make a new one.

minor spoilers ahead?

So I've been playing some more and I have come across the Troll King by the spider den in the south western portion of the map. Again I encountered the Troll King slow-effect bug. I see that it's a spell now ( I didn't notice this the first time because there are too many trolls too close together in the first cave ) This time, all I did was use pause twice, use a potion, and switch my weapon from bow to dagger before the spell timer ran out.

My character lost the active spell indicator effect, and his speed returned to normal, but his attack speed remained slow.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I just want to say real quick that I had also tested this in Software mode and I couldn't get it to happen there, but I did not test much, only trying once or twice. Software does run a bit differently however, as it runs faster than D3D. I am using D3D with the compatibility layer.

great game.

Last edited by megabattlelord99; 24/12/17 12:31 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard