Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Larian Alumni
Larian Alumni
Hi Evangeline,

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for listing all these bugs and to assure you we have been watching your thread and adding them to our system to be fixed.

I hope these haven't affected your experience too much!

Regards,
Koala

E
OP Offline
E
Journal - "I met Malady near the demon's house" - no I haven't? I just got off the ship in act 4 and I'm at the pilgrim camp.

Last edited by Evangeline; 22/12/17 12:16 AM.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
J
stranger
stranger
J
On my third playthrough, I'm stuck on Lady Vengeance after A1. Alexander never has the strange gem on his body for pickpocketing or looting through the dialogue tree. I have reloaded from Fort Joy and made as many different choices as I can, but no matter what I do the Strange Gem has not spawned, which has softlocked me on the ship (I learned the password though). All 3 options to inspect Alexander end without any mention of the strange gem.

I'd be happy to send my save data if you think this is worth looking into. Otherwise, I love everyone over at Larian for making some of the greatest games of all time.

E
OP Offline
E
Holy Moses on a tricycle, even the stats are bugged.

My Sebille has 26 Wits. It says +9 from gear, +2 from Spider's Kiss. My critical chance is 16% - "from wits 16%".

How does this math work Larian? Even something as basic and critical to gameplay as stats is bugged?

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
E
OP Offline
E
Got ambushed by the Doctor's minions in Arx. Some of my companions were listening to some poet. When they entered the fight, message pops up: "New skill: All In"

Followed by another message "Object identified by Fane"

What?

E
OP Offline
E
Same fight, enemy casts Worm tremmor. Spell hits Lohse, Red Prince and Fane.

None of them have Glass cannon. Start of the battle, all the armors and HP are up.

Lohse: "entanglement prevented by magic armor"
Red Prince: "entanglement prevented by magic armor"
Fane: "ENTANGLED"

What?! His magic armour is 1851/2098. WHY is he entangled?

I think I'll give up. Not sure I'll finish playing this. This game is a complete and utter mess.

Last edited by Evangeline; 22/12/17 03:41 PM.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Evangeline

I think I'll give up. Not sure I'll finish playing this. This game is a complete and utter mess.

'Tis a harsh, unforgiving, yet noble path you're walking my friend. Eventually everything ends. Hang in there.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Try2Handing, I'm powering through. For now at least..

What a bunch of spaghetti the code must be though to produce such inconsistent results. It should be simple: spell does magic damage, here Fane take some damage. Enjoy. Oh you have magic armour? Deduct the damage from the armour. Do you still have magic armour now? Oh you do, well in that case prevent any magic status effects.

Oversimplified but you get me. If written well the code can't produce inconsistent results. Unless it's a tangled mess of spaghetti.

Last edited by Evangeline; 22/12/17 09:10 PM.

E
OP Offline
E
Lohse - 1AP left. Winter Blast needs 2AP. Winter Blast icon is not faded out. All the other spells that can't be cast are faded out.

Inconsistent - again.

E
OP Offline
E
The boost applied by the Academy teachers on Nameless Isle disappears after using the mirror. I actually made a video for you but watching it back I realised what's going on so no point in posting it.

This has been reported multiple times since September and it's still not fixed.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Evangeline
Lohse - 1AP left. Winter Blast needs 2AP. Winter Blast icon is not faded out. All the other spells that can't be cast are faded out.

Inconsistent - again.

just wondering, could this be a result of elemental affinity? was she standing in a water/ice surface?

edit: i can also confirm that worm tremor has had problems regarding characters who clearly have magic armor being entangled, but i haven't noticed this happening lately, only before the most recent patch

Last edited by miaasma; 23/12/17 04:06 AM.
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by miaasma
just wondering, could this be a result of elemental affinity? was she standing in a water/ice surface?

You're right, she does have elemental affinity. Maybe she was standing in water, can't remember. The spell couldn't be cast though. The icon was not faded but it said "not enough AP" on the spell tooltip.

E
OP Offline
E
A mountain of gold in the Magister barracks in Arx, yet only 800 gold? I found more in the vase nearby.

Last edited by Evangeline; 25/12/17 12:40 AM.

E
OP Offline
E
Sneaking allows you to pass through locked doors? - back door to cellar in old lady loan shark house in Arx.

E
OP Offline
E
The Spirit of White Magister Reimond - voice acting missing.

Also, interesting that his spirit in in Arx, I killed this guy in Driftwood I think - but maybe I wasn't supposed to. Or maybe spirits can travel smile

Last edited by Evangeline; 25/12/17 02:20 AM.

E
OP Offline
E
Duplicate log entry - "Sadha entrusted us with one of her eggs" - I reckon the second one should instead be about the dragonling being born?

Last edited by Evangeline; 25/12/17 02:54 AM.

E
OP Offline
E
Ancient Belt - "restore 6 vitality" - I'm confused..

E
OP Offline
E
"Linder Kemm is an agent of the God King! He is Sworn to the Covenant, and had been trying to extract information from the captive Lord Arhu about how to get into the Tomb of Lucian."

Thanks for the spoiler, Journal.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
just going to add to this page rather than make a separate thread as i'm sure it's a bug - reloaded my save to the beginning of the second phase of the final fight. each time one of my characters is supposed to take a turn a "frozen" status suddenly appears above them and they are skipped. this happens multiple times in a row until they die, neither of them are frozen and both have full magic armor

E
OP Offline
E
I killed Karon in the sewers. His body is now in Arx. Damn sewer rats must have moved it... smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard