Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Hey there. Do you guys know how to delete an option from the templates/dummies during character creation? I'm making a custom campaing and one of the main plot lines is that there are no female dwarves, and in this story, Lizards don't exist, so I want to remove them from the options. Any ideas?

veteran
veteran
I know both Windemere and TT-Studio have been looking into this. I believe the overall consensus is that there's no (known) way to individually remove a race / gender from an existing one from character creation.

They both did a different approach with dialogues instead. It's quite neat. Posting an example video from Windemere's project.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Thank you for your response! I think I'll just wait then - I'm just getting myself on the coding stuff and just got my first Waypoints working today. I hope you guys can teach me how to do it if you manage to achieve that!

old hand
old hand
Yeah, Composer is right. Unfortunately, removing races from the game during character creation is currently not straightforward at all. You would basically need to make some kind of custom character creation interface where the player chooses via dialog or some other scripted events. Tinkerer confirmed that you can't simply delete the options in the preset XML files in this thread.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Thank you Windemere! Well, I'll check that tomorrow. Thanks for your responses guys smile

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Hello again!

So, I was trying to implement Character creation on my adventure following the Wiki's advice (change the FortJoy_CharacterCreation scripts). Mine looks like this, and yes, the StartPoint is set to global:

DB_CharacterCreationLevels("CharCreation_Bael-Ungor");

DB_GLO_FirstLevelAfterCharacterCreation("Fall_of_Bael-Ungor");

DB_CharacterCreationTransitionInfo("Fall_of_Bael-Ungor",(TRIGGERGUID)TRIGGERGUID_StartPoint_Adventure_c2d2bfbc-385d-454a-91b6-f661a4bc4090);

DB_CharacterCreationDummy((CHARACTERGUID)S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_001_da072fe7-fdd5-42ae-9139-8bd4b9fca406);
DB_CharacterCreationDummy((CHARACTERGUID)S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_002_361dacdc-4135-4d3f-a9a2-3cad46ca246a);
DB_CharacterCreationDummy((CHARACTERGUID)S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_003_dded8c22-b28e-45c1-a074-eb0954602c8a);
DB_CharacterCreationDummy((CHARACTERGUID)S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_004_5f93cae7-6c10-4da1-b9a5-0efafc168c8e);

DB_GenericOrigins((CHARACTERGUID)S_Player_GenericOrigin_7b6c1f26-fe4e-40bd-a5d0-e6ff58cef4fe);
DB_GenericOrigins((CHARACTERGUID)S_Player_GenericOrigin2_c451954c-73bf-46ce-a1d1-caa9bbdc3cfd);
DB_GenericOrigins((CHARACTERGUID)S_Player_GenericOrigin3_41a06985-7851-4c29-8a78-398ccb313f39);
DB_GenericOrigins((CHARACTERGUID)S_Player_GenericOrigin4_41a594ed-b768-4289-9f17-59f701cc6910);

The KB section is exactly the same as the file attached to the wiki. However, after the Character creation is done, what I get is this:

https://www.pinterest.com.mx/pin/566186984397579151/

Just for testing purposes, I copied the file again and I was teleported to the sandbox, so I assume that the error is on my side, but I can't pinpoint what it is. Can anyone help me?

old hand
old hand
I take it your campaign has a dependency on Origins and this is why you are using the Origins character creation script rather than the standalone template? Not sure what else might be missing there from the information given. Did you try it without using a custom character creation level and just using the default?

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Thanks for your reply Windemere!

No, I haven't tried. I'll do it right now. By the way, where can I get the standalone template?

old hand
old hand
Under the My first: Adventure section, there is a necessary scripting section that also has a link to a character creation template that contains the story file.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Oh, ok, yeah, that's the one I'm using smile If this info is useful, what I did was to copy the FortJoy_CharCreat... into my mod and I altered that file. I'm thinking that this might be the issue. I didn't create a new script- I altered one.

Last edited by BaltasarNecros; 28/12/17 04:56 PM.
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Ok, I finally managed to get it going. I did as Windemere suggested and used the generic SYS_Character_Creation_A and it worked fine. Now I get a 7 dude party, but I guess I'll have to tinker with some other scripts :P

old hand
old hand
If you have a standalone campaign with a dependency on Origins, you'll need to modify the character creation scripts quite a bit to get them to work correctly. I would not take that approach if you can avoid it. Either create an add-on, or a standalone campaign without the Origins dependency, and use the character creation template in the wiki article I linked with the modifications described in the necessary scripting section.

I have some tutorials on character creation in the Implementing a Basic Quest series. You may want to take a look at that if you haven't already.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I will, and thanks for all your help! Much appreciated!

Link Copied to Clipboard