Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
stranger
stranger
S
First of all this game mode is a really awesome idea and I already wished for something like this for the first game.

But sadly this mode is very limited in it's possibilities and options so at the moment i'ts more of a demo than a fully and complex demo.

My wishes for a big future content update for the arena would be:

-Completely custom characters with their own skill and attribute builds.

-A way to have a complete individualised equiptment for my characters. Right now arena characters only have white equipment without any special stats and effects on it. That leaves out so much potential of the game's system.
The game offers so much complexity and options to tune a character with equipment, the runes, echantments and so on. It would be a blast to create tons of different character equipment builds and let them fight against each other.

-An option to save and export my created characters to share them with friends and the community.

-A way similar to the GM mode to create custom arena maps.

I hope Larian will give this game mode more attention in the future and maybe add some of my ideas to it.
There is nothing better to have some awesome PvP battles with friends in in a complex and deep RPG system like Divinity.

veteran
veteran
The probablem with a real customizable Arena is the lack of balance in the combat mechanics. Some combinations would be totally broken.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Sure it would.

But thankfully the game is complex and open enough to find counters against many things which seem to be overpowered at first.

And the too much broken stuff could be fixed with some balance patches easely in the future.

Right now the Arena mode is a nice demo but nothing more.

veteran
veteran
I really loved the idea, they mentioned in during the EA about having kind of coop arena brawls. You create your characters and get pitched against other players with equally 'low level' characters. After the fight you get your spoils and exp, can level and upgrade gear for the next fight. Though nothing seems to be done into that direction by the end.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Well thats also a very nice concept. Would be really motivating to get better and better over the time.

I think the best would be 2 modes. A sandbox mode where you can overlevel and overequip your character as much as it gets to just play around with friends.

And then a serious mode like the one you've mentioned. With actual matchmaking, rankings and a progress.

There are tons of potential.
The arena mode as of today was the only disapointment of this wonderful game for me.

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I really loved the idea, they mentioned in during the EA about having kind of coop arena brawls. You create your characters and get pitched against other players with equally 'low level' characters. After the fight you get your spoils and exp, can level and upgrade gear for the next fight. Though nothing seems to be done into that direction by the end.

I'd like to see a "do arena as you play the storyline*, then, after you're done you can continue levelling up doing arena".

This would be something. Maybe some extra currency for arena gear and similar things, would add a whole new dimension to this game and increase replayability 10x.

* like WoW does it with queueing up for PvP matches

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
S
stranger
stranger
S
So no character creation for the arena mode in the Definitive Edition? Just a bunch of new preset characters and an updated lobby? That's really disappointing and so much wasted potential...

journeyman
journeyman
A bigger roster of characters to play as would be great along with more maps, balancing improvements.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard