Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Like the subjects says, I'm wondering if its possible to temporarily modify skill data with a buff. For example, reduce the cooldown of flaming daggers from three turns to one for the duration of a buff, for a single character.

I just thought I'd see if anyone has been down this road before I spend (more) hours poring deep through the forums and documentation.

old hand
old hand
There's not really a direct way to modify skills with a buff, but you could script something where you gain an alternate version of the skill and temporarily remove (or unmemorize) the old version, and then on losing the buff, you relearn the old skill and gain. It's not ideal, but it should work for the most part. There also may be a command to reset a cooldown of a specific skill that could be used strategically. So yes, it's possible, but you'll probably have to continue poring through the documentation and learn how to do some basic scripting (it's not that hard, really).

apprentice
apprentice
If you find a comand for a seperate cooldown- lemme know plz =)

So far it is one of the bigest problems. At least in story scripting you can reset only all cooldowns, and no way to modify a single one.

But alot of ppl still use the trick with skill removing/adding, and seems like it is the only way to modify skill data with a status atm.

But if we are talking not about cooldowns, then there are other ways to "trick" some of the propertys.
Like applying some buff at the start of skill cast (+damage buff or accuracy change or smth) and removing when cast is finished. Scripting again.

Or you can go deeper and make a "trigger skill" with no animation that will apply some status on self/enemy.
And then, using scripting
-check conditions (some status is active on you for example)
- if yes , then cast a skill #1
-if no cast skill #2
or smth like that

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably try he unlearn workaround first.

Link Copied to Clipboard