Next Thread
Print Thread
#640733 15/01/18 07:56 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I couldn't find anything on this via a search so I'm guessing it's new. I'm in the imp lair, killed them all, and a Gregory brother thanks me for releasing him, etc. As soon as he is done, the advise script starts rolling, and never stops preventing the game from continuing. Tried from a save and it happened again. I'll try from an older save to see if that changes things.

EDIT: Nope; does it from a save outside the lair too. I see better what is happening - I don't get a chance to hit "1" or click on "end" (after the conversation text) - it just goes to the advise script/text and the wheel keeps on turning ----

Last edited by caninelegion; 15/01/18 09:31 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I have updated your title accordingly, but sadly I do not have a useful answer. Perhaps Raze might have more to add.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Originally Posted by vometia
I have updated your title accordingly,

Uh, oh! smile

I can skip that task but I didn't find anyone but Laura (Croft smile ) the first time through and wanted to see how that went. Say, is the voice actress the same as the later Tomb Raiders? Sounds like it to me.

Last edited by caninelegion; 15/01/18 09:41 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh blimey, there's a question. I haven't played the Tomb Raiders and I don't recall the Gregories' voices after all this time. It'd be interesting to find out, I'm usually quite interested to know who's behind the voices as they're often uncredited, or at least non-specific.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I guess it'd be down to Keeley Hawes or Jonell Elliott but neither lists many video games in their respective video game lists nor can I find those names in the credits. Found another poster who said the female character voices reminded him of Laura Croft, though. Keeley Hawes has a long list of movies she acted in - probably too costly for this game. The other? Maybe.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Hmm, neither of them are listed on IMDB's page, though I'm not sure how complete its cast list is. Unfortunately it's also just a list of names and doesn't mention which characters they played.

I remembered I did play a bit of the 2013 Tomb Raider where Lara was voiced by Camilla Luddington, but she's not listed there either...

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
If the list is complete, you have just four female VAs to choose from (which I guess may also be the various player voices): Alison Pettitt, Emily Dormer, Josefina Gabrielle and Sally Willis. I'm not totally familiar with them, all I know is that Emily is the slightly ditzy-sounding player voice I normally choose.

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Yeah, the very latest Crofts I no nothing about but none of those names came up when i searched. Perhaps we found the next Laura? smile

Support
Support

For the dialog, try skipping through the options quickly, rather than letting it end on its own. A few people had problems with the cutscene there (of Arthur Gremory running off), which that could help with.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Worked like a charm; thanks.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Arrrrghhhh!!!

Ba'al is dead and no loot bag and no message from the voice!
Gosh I hate fighting long battles over when bugs cause it.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
How quite annoying. One of the reasons I like TES games which, though much less polished and much more bug-ridden, have a handy console that can be used to coerce them to behave...

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Something is going on, perhaps with GOG. Made it through the Hall of Echos again (after the Ba'al thing) but after the battle scene during the transfer from ED to FV, it goes to blue screen and basically dies. Tried from a save, but it happened again. Tried to start a new game and it happened. I'd like to send an update to support concerning the new game event but, well, I don't know how. Guess I'll have to wait until a reply happens.

Support
Support

The support email for Divinity 2 is suppordks@larian.com, or the general support email.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try verifying local files, if possible. With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select the game in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try changing the game resolution to 1280x720, maybe temporarily lower the graphics settings, and set the game to run in a window. To do the latter, edit the file below in a text editor and change the one to a zero in Fullscreen="1".
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile\graphicoptions.xml

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (covers Vista through Win 10).

In the '..\Divinity II - Developers Cut\Data\Video\Story' folder, try renaming or moving the Endscene_English.wmv and EXP_Intro_English.wmv videos, so the game will skip them.

Try running the Developer Mode version of the game, to see if that makes a difference.

Try installing the AC3filter audio codec.

Something like Codec Tweak Tool or the Direct Show Filter manager could help identify and fix codec or filter problems, and some people have fixed codec problems by either uninstalling or installing codec packs.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Well, I guess you know this now since you were the replyer to my help desk ticket but I had already opened a ticket - I just didn't know how to update without opening a new one short of waiting for the reply then replying to that message.

I haven't tried any of what you have said yet (as of 10:00 PM PST, 6 March) - after opening the ticket then adding a message here, I downloaded "Dragon Commander" (bought it the same time as Divinity II). I'll be getting to your suggestions following this. Something had to have changed though either some update somewhere (GOG Galaxy, something on my PC, etc) because it all worked prior. Wouldn't surprise me at all if McAfee did an update and now the issue starts. One question though - in a pinned topic within the "technical issues" by Lar_q, (http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=425051#Post425051), there is a support tool that I am wondering if it was still useful. It was quite a while ago and prior to DC. Should I use and send that too?

Last edited by caninelegion; 07/03/18 06:14 AM.
Support
Support

Both support page links now redirect to the main support page, and I'm not sure if the original support tool link(s) are still available. I think it just collected a dxdiag report, the results of checks for system requirements and a scan of the game folder.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Well, I tried again with a replay and it still freezes in the transfer. As nothing suggested worked, I guess that is it. Oh well, on to Dragon Commander although this is the second Larian game in a row that I couldn't finish due to some sort of bug. I checked and uninstalled any program that looked suspicious but, really, McAfee should prevent any malware and I doubt, if it was there, that it would announce itself. I know there are programs out there that claim to find and destroy malware but it appears that they are all cons.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

Both support page links now redirect to the main support page, and I'm not sure if the original support tool link(s) are still available. I think it just collected a dxdiag report, the results of checks for system requirements and a scan of the game folder.

Wayback Machine, for all your old support tools, the devs have lost.
Larian Studios - Support - Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga

I've checked both this and the Flames of Vengeance links, and it's the same file, verified by hashcheck.
It's amazing what you can find buried in web pages that Wayback Machine has archived.
Old modding forums are a rich source where files supposedly lost, can often be found inside the webpages HTML folder.

Last edited by Uhuru NUru; 20/04/20 11:24 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
--- be careful what you ask for smile

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard