Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Ririsu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi, I have a tiny problem. I want to move Ifan's questline forward, but when I want to talk with Zaleskar, he is not talking anything about Ifan. Dunno why. I escaped from Fort Joy Ghetto and after that I invited Ifan. I killed magister Borris and I read his note. Third record (?) in my journal was added after that.

P.S. Pardon, I'm not the best in English.

E
E
I think you may be stuck for this quest. The reason is killing Magister Borris before recruiting Ifan.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
it's because you killed magister borris without initiating the dialogue with him with ifan in your party

even if you get the letter off of borris' corpse, this part of the quest will never trigger and as a result zaleskar will never speak to ifan and give you the crossbow

the rest of ifan's questline will proceed normally so it has no long term consequence, but it sucks to not get the weapon from zaleskar

E
E
Indeed. Because that level 5 crossbow is even better than some level 7+ bows/crossbows found later.

journeyman
journeyman
Seriously? That doesn't really make sense to me. If you get the note, off his dead body alive or dead, Zaleskar should still respond to Ifan. Ifan would probably kill magister Borris anyway because that just seems like something Ifan would do.

However, however Ifan has to be the one to speak to magister Borris or in the party to loot the note. So, then yes it makes sense that Zaleskar doesn't respond to Ifan.

Ifan (Silver Claw) is like in a gang (lone wolves), if part of their mission is interrupted, there is a signal sent to abort. There is always someone working in the background to let the next part of the mission know if it's been interrupted.

Honestly, if you don't have Ifan and do his quest line where he gets the note, then Zaleskar shouldn't even be there.

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."
E
E
Yes. I can confirm that by having Ifan in your party and reading the note on Borris' corpse, it will trigger the dialog with Zaleskar.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard