Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
15)Can't Possess players: For testing purposes or for roleplaying mind control of some sort that's another thing that would come very handy

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
How would that work? Players perhaps would have to accept?

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
No gm has t o total control. They would probably have players make a saving throw or it could be automatic. How is this not a feature?

I guess I need to to a test run because a lot off things that should have been automatic just aren't there.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

NWN and Vampire the Masquerade Redemption had GM mode and in both you could possess and control players. Nothing new, but useful

Noctro #630253 12/10/17 04:47 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Noctro
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

NWN and Vampire the Masquerade Redemption had GM mode and in both you could possess and control players. Nothing new, but useful

Never used it for NWN, thanks for sharing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I never played Vampire the Masquerade Redemption, but untill recently I DMed in NwN and I am pretty sure you can't posses players there, unless it has been modded in.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
stranger
stranger
I saw this question on Steam forums and was curious. How do you add immunity to stunned to an item?

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
The usual answerim sure.
Learn to script and use the editor

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
16) cannot add advanced stats to item, such as immunity to certain statuses, or set more than one damage type.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
You can random generate 193973488 times and hope it comes up.

WMC51 #630976 14/10/17 10:55 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by WMC51
You can random generate 193973488 times and hope it comes up.

Yeah, I think this is a point for improvement, really.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Its just stupid that you can't select multiple types of damage. They don't even have to change the fan hi. Just let you select multiple.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I'm really trying to stuck with it but man they are making it hard.

stranger
stranger
Again thnks for this amazing game and this GMmish thing i'm really falling in love.
Amazing work. Keep it up.
Btw some feedbacks in my xperience

Like other users said GM mode missing a lot of required features... I understood that this mode would be just a tool to make your GM experience more easy, I but have to set pretty anything in Divinity Engine to make it working as i would, IMO it's a bit hard for the common users.
E.g. I'm trying to recreate the Dragonlance Saga so by a noob my beginning has been making my usual trial&error process.

The first look on GM mode (without know about the existence of the divinity engine) left me a little disappointed, but after some research i'd understood how i have to work

Bring in mind that now (thnks a lot tutorial provide form devs&comunity) i know how to solve the most of that issues via DE2 but IMO the GM mode really need more flexibility

1- when you change the appearance to any added characters the GM mode should automatic render his portrait without need to open the Engine mode
2- Please more colors and a way to make people/creatures more fat/thin/tall/small using standard assest, with all the kind of weareable stuffs and colors
Changing models files it's really a time comsuming and a common users probably found that really hard.
Why i can't paint a lizard-man of green????????????
3- Unlock more properties in GM Mode, why we can't edit the most of things in this mode?
e.g. i wanna select a carpet and replace it with a hidden hatch , of course after a dice check, but i can't select the carpet do delete it, so my hatch placing will be useless.
the same story about the chairs (i have to use the egine to make them properly sittable), the containers ( i can only change the name and the price ?? A bit no sense), also about the height of the placed items i had some issues (but could be also a my fault) , place a painting on the right height on GM mode has been possible for me only placing something on the floor level and then place the painting over it(of course you have also to catch the object with the right height).
So in few word at least a way to move an object like we want over the three planes would be a great improvement for the GM mode.
Again maybe i'm missing something but even now i don't know how to orientate a NPC toward the right spot without possess him .

BTW i'm really hope in a new Generic toolset from Larian.

Thnks advance.

Last edited by kilay; 29/01/18 12:31 AM.
kilay #641393 29/01/18 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by kilay
Again thnks for this amazing game and this GMmish thing i'm really falling in love.
Again maybe i'm missing something but even now i don't know how to orientate a NPC toward the right spot without possess him .

Hello, you can do this with mouse wheel during dragging a character

Rocks fall, everyone dies
Seter #641522 01/02/18 09:56 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Seter

Hello, you can do this with mouse wheel during dragging a character

Thnks,, was really simple smile
Just another question, i'm trying to set the right HP for some custom NPC.
On DE2 i've tried to copy a goblin ranger chart in stats editor and just tweaked the vitality to 11 and relinked on my root templates , but it doesn't seems works.. on level 1 he has always 20 HP , what i should change to reduce them?
On GM mode i can reduce the current HP but not the max HP.
Also i ignore the meaning of the parents, derived and sibling checkboxes.
Maybe i missed some tuto?
I can't find the video of Baardvark Stats editor here
Thnks again.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by kilay; 01/02/18 10:09 AM.
kilay #641525 01/02/18 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by kilay
[quote=Seter]
On GM mode i can reduce the current HP but not the max HP.

Vitality parameters in the editor is not a plain value. Its the factors used for calculating HP on appropriate level.

You can change maximum HP via character sheet of the monster by changing constitution attribute.

Last edited by Seter; 01/02/18 11:25 AM.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Moved

Last edited by WMC51; 01/02/18 04:10 PM.
Seter #641747 03/02/18 03:28 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Seter

Vitality parameters in the editor is not a plain value. Its the factors used for calculating HP on appropriate level.

You can change maximum HP via character sheet of the monster by changing constitution attribute.

Thnks for answer smile .btw i think that a way to change directly the HP may be better, if i need Constitution to check some other skills i can't use that value.

Last edited by kilay; 03/02/18 03:29 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello fellow troubled GM's,

I am experiencing a problem that I was hoping I could find a fix for, but thus far it has plagued me for over a month without any reprieve.

I created a lengthy work-in-progress GM campaign with the knowledge that characters cannot be exported. So I just made a really large one-shot campaign that covers 30 levels of content (hopefully, fingers crossed).

Due to the size of the campaign I went ahead and let my players start while I am still creating it. Its a free-roam campaign with 13 Zones - each zone containing its own story arch and content.

One of my players early on decided to play Fane, because its the only character he likes despite my requests to play custom characters only. He ended up bailing on us and got replaced by another player, whom was happy to play an undead character anyways so there was no need to re-roll.

Unfortunately, since day 1 with the first Fane player the character has been bugged and is targeted as Neutral rather than part of the party. He still enters combat on behalf of the party, however he cannot target or be targeted by AoE abilities - as a warrior this is kinda important for his kit.

We've tried a number of solutions - none of them have worked. As a last resort I tried to "re-roll party" both with only him being absent and all players entirely - in both cases I can't get rid of them! Is there any way I can either fix this bug or just delete his character to be made anew? Short of simply starting a new campaign from scratch (thus throwing away quite literally hundreds of hours of work and play) I am willing to do just about any work around.

Thank you in advanced and I apologize if this is the wrong locale, it seemed like an appropriate place for my complaint.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard