Next Thread
Print Thread
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
I get this, time and again, after the latest patch:

In single player, the inventory of one of my companions gets locked. Have to get out to the main menu and back into the game to restore the normal operation.

Can't send a savegame this time, because if you load it you wouldn't see it so you have to trust my word on this, sorry. :-(

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Support
Support

A save then might still help; it would at least contain the state of the game at the time.

Is there anything in particular that seems to trigger this?

A save before it happens with a way to at least semi-reliably reproduce it would make it much easier to fix (or a save where the problem persists after reloading), if you happen to run into a situation like that.

F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
It could be stealing... but I get this very, very rarely.

I will, however, do a quick save next time I encounter it and send it to you.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I just got this during combat. 2 of my party has their inventory locked. I's fortunate i had resurrection scrolls in every companion's bag otherwise it would be very annoying.

Last edited by Zolee; 15/02/18 04:17 PM.
I thought characters in this game had magic pockets rather than chastity belts.

A
stranger
stranger
A
This happens to me frequently too. It seems random. Sometimes it's one companion, sometimes several. Sometimes it goes away after casting a few abilities, sometimes I have to reload. Gets really frustrating though.

T
stranger
stranger
T
This has also happened to me, usually it is Ifan's bag that gets locked out - I use him to pick up all items from the floor, chests and boxes etc. After a minute or two it become unlocked. Only had it locked during one fight so far.

If it gets locked again I'll try to save and send the savefile in if it's still locked.

This happened to me a few times too. Sometimes one or two characters would have locked inventories after fights. There's no need to quit and reload though, at least in my case. Closing the inventory menu and switching to the locked character by clicking their portrait and then opening their inventory again fixes the issue. I seldom use inventories during combat as I tend to update my hotbars frequently so I don't know at which point the inventories get locked during combat.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Unlink the offending character from the group then rejoin works for me.

A
A
We had this issue as well a few times. In Multi and Single Player with the same party.

P
stranger
stranger
P
FYI - Still getting this same problem.
It seems to be random, I can't pinpoint an action which causes it to happen each time.

Support
Support

There are changes to the inventory in the upcoming Definitive Edition, as well as changes to how character inventories are locked, which should hopefully fix this problem (QA was unable to reproduce it with a recent development build, at least).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard