Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
While making my mod, which heavely relies on additional weapon dmg buffs, met a problem with animation.

Cant find a way to disable weapon glowing from elemental buffs, applied with a _bonusWeapon

Got a status that adds additional air damage, and dont want my weapons to glow half of the screen each time it is active.
The animation itself is nice, but have to adjust ALL my mod animations to it, having no control, which is no good.

Overriding that bone_FX didnt work, it just adds more effects to the existing.
No option to turn it off was found. Seems like it is hardcoded.

Right now found 2 solutions that will work for me, but they require custom weapons and wont work with deafault weapons.
1) moving MeshProxy faaar away from 0.0 pivot point, using 3d software, where it wont be seen even when swinging
2) apply damage with status_damage and scripting, checking conditions. Again, requires a custom weapon with "ExtraProperty"

SO, if there is a way to turn it off for default weapons - would love to know it!

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Bumping.

Still looking for a way to disable weapon glowing (FX) from elemental _WeaponBoosts.

This is very important for my 90% ready mod, would appreciate any info!

addict
addict
Hi Module,

sorry to say there is no toggle-like way to turn off those animations. They are part of the created assets (as you mentioned with the FX_Bones). The ways I can think of, after checking with our technical artists, more or less coincides with your findings:

1) You can mod the effect itself to something less strong / invisible
(e.g. RS3_FX_GP_Combat_WPN_Trail_<x>_level_<x> effect tracks)

2) You can mod all the weapon assets, altering their bones

3) You can replace or mod the Mesh Proxy Resource ID that's being used. It is assigned to a weapon's root template.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 08/02/18 10:22 AM.

CTRL+K the elf
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thank you for answer!

Glad to know that it is possible to override the effect itself,
sounds like a decent solution.

I tried, but somehow it didnt work for me (managed to make it work only for local use), will investigate further!

Link Copied to Clipboard