Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
vometia #644662 04/04/18 11:58 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
That's exactly how I found them - makes me think there were plans at some point to actually harvest them, though.

caninelegion #644666 04/04/18 03:08 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It's possible: I mean there was definitely stuff that was scaled back and I certainly don't know the half of it. I think I'm particularly sad that the area around Aleroth was supposed to be explorable and I definitely have a bit of a "more is more" attitude when it comes to exploration, but on the other hand I think the slightly claustrophobic feel of the city worked well for FoV: my usual analogy is it's a bit like Morrowind's Tribunal in that regard, only better, IMHO.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #644674 04/04/18 09:40 PM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
The gaming world is no different then life - most ideas seem to have to be pared back once reality sets in. Some of the things I had planned in the past and what the final results were after putting the plans to action --- grin

caninelegion #644706 06/04/18 12:31 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I've been wondering why the shrine in the tower no longer works - it's bwoke, as my formerly dead friend told me. I think I may have figured out why. Belegar sends you to the plane of H* after each clue is found. If the shrine worked, one could go to the tower then use the shrine to go elsewhere and avoid these fights which would bend the story and possibly break the game. Makes sense to me (then again, I thought arthritis was an evil demon until last week) silly

caninelegion #644775 08/04/18 07:48 AM
Support
Support

Check the ingredient costs, compared to the alchemy/enchantment costs listed in the Dragon Knight Saga FAQ/Guide, to see if the battle tower platforms are upgraded.
However, you can also just use the corresponding functions from the NPCs in Aleroth (trainers in the ministry building, enchanter in the Phoenix Inn, etc).

If the shrine in the battle tower worked, you would be able to return to the previous regions in the game, which would mean they would have to change, and there is no point doing that much work if there is no game content there, etc. Also, storywise the siege of Aleroth is a little less dire if you can leave whenever you wish.
You are right that teleporting out of the Plane of Hypnerotomachia could break quest triggers, and the expected flow of the game. That could be blocked in other ways, but making the battle tower essentially a dead end (where you always return to the same location) is an easy fix, while still keeping access to the coffer, etc.

caninelegion #648090 18/08/18 10:04 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Don't have anything useful to add, but it warms my heart to read all those nice toughts on one of my favorite games of all time. It's nice to read, that it is still played after nine years smile.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard