Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#642458 16/02/18 03:51 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I created a campaign and did a dry-run. I have a few questions:

1) When preparing to launch the campaign, I can set the level. But there's also an option for "extra skills" (or was it "additional skills"?). What does that do? I thought it would allow the players to have additional skills when building their chars, but that didn't seem to be the case.

2) How does the level setting in the encounter tab work? It defaults to "1", and let's me raise it but not lower it. For instance, if I set it to 5, and all of the creatures in the encounter are level 5, then do I get a level 10 encounter? Would I be able to lower it to 5+1=6 if the fight is too tough?

3) I want to hide a key and have my players solve a puzzle to find it. I was hoping there'd be a handy mechanism, such as a dirt mound that I could put the key in and put it somewhere hard to find. Or put the key into a container that I can deactivate or hide. But I can't find anything like this. The only thing I can think of to do is create the key on the fly, pause the game, place it, then unpause. Any ideas on a better way to do this?

So far I like the GM tools. I can imagine all kinds of improvements, but at least it is very easy to learn. Probably my biggest complaint at this stage is that all of the scenes are very small.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
1. Additional skills does let them pick more first tier skills.

2. Lets say you have an encounter with lever 5 enemies. You have to level it up to 5 so it matches their level and then you can level them down. If you had 1 level 6 in the encounter it would be unaffected when you wemt up to 5 and back down. If you went all the way to 6 first your level 5 enemies would become 6 then you could level everything back down equally.

3. Sorry ill plug the standard you have to ise the engine for stuff like this. You can out the key in a reward bag and have it in your gm inventory ready to hand out. Ive jad issues with the players not able to open reward bags. You might just have to have the key handy in your gm inventory.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Awesome, thanks for the tips!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard