Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lentro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
In Larian guides and videos i can see there is some notion about exporting animations along the model from Maya 2015. I tried it myself, and even though i managed to export model from Maya and import it to Divinity Engine, animations are not exported (yet MLE shows created animations in animations list and even some process of exporting them starts, yet animation file is not generated). Also, the models you posted as examples don't have animations on them (at least i couldn't find any).
So i have questions regarding this:
1) Can you confirm that you animation exporting with maya is working?
1) Will you publish a guide for exporting animations?
2) Is it possible for existing in game animations to work for new models? If yes, can you specify how this can be achieved?

Thanks for your hard work, and for awesomness that is GM mode.

addict
addict
Hey Lentro,

we took a look at it and found some cases in which the export could go wrong. We fixed these recently and uploaded them. If you take the new scripts from your game download and install them, animation exporting should behave better smile

While we were at it, we also made a guide about animation creation/exporting. You'll find this new section here. It should provide you with the needed information on our setup and export flow + examples (+ files) for the different cases you might encounter.

Yes, as long as your new models are skinned to the same skeleton/rig, animations will be able to work with them. You can check our Character tutorial page for those skeletons. (The playable race armor files include the race's "rig" as well)

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
L
Lentro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thanks Kevin and Larian team!
I'll take a look at guide and try again with new scripts.
About skinning to existing rig:
Spent a lot of hours trying to make it work, seems like it works only when mesh has nearly the same size and topology as original one. Trying to bind existing skeleton to mesh with different size/topology (in my case creature was bending forward, so its arms and head had different position than rig points), or when moving rig points makes distortions in resulting animated mesh in engine (don't know if it's intended, haven't tried this workflow in other game engines).

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Hey Lentro,

we took a look at it and found some cases in which the export could go wrong. We fixed these recently and uploaded them. If you take the new scripts from your game download and install them, animation exporting should behave better smile

While we were at it, we also made a guide about animation creation/exporting. You'll find this new section here. It should provide you with the needed information on our setup and export flow + examples (+ files) for the different cases you might encounter.

Yes, as long as your new models are skinned to the same skeleton/rig, animations will be able to work with them. You can check our Character tutorial page for those skeletons. (The playable race armor files include the race's "rig" as well)

Sincerely,
Kevin

i feel like i am having a similar problem to the OP, i noticed that the files on the website are say they are dated before you made this comment, i however tried from the ones in the data folder, but i am not sure if they are actually newer files. Are the latest maya tool files supposed to be found in:

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Editor\Tools\Maya?

has anyone been able to import animations with the tool set? trying to figure if this is a personal issue or something else. Looking forward to getting my unarmed animations/skills out there.

Link Copied to Clipboard