Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by dimitrius154
Sure, where can I send them? I believe my account here is fresh and, as such, restricted.

I've de-restricted it for you, although we don't have a file upload facility (well, not that it matters as you've used Google!)

J'aime le fromage.
Draba #636691 11/11/17 12:38 PM
N
addict
addict
N
I've added the PNTT3322 (40-byte) format. All other formats in these files seem to be already supported.
Beta link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Draba #637675 23/11/17 07:01 AM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Hi!
I'm trying to use your tool to extract GR2 files, but it says granny2.dll is missing!
Ive checked both the Divinity Engine 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 folders and its not there!
Does anyone know where I can download it short of buying the Granny software?
the Error Message is:
Internal error!

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Granny.dll is required for Ooodle0/Ooodle1 compressed GR2.
at LSLib.Native.Granny2Compressor.Decompress(Int32 format, Byte[]
compressed, Int32 decompressedSize, Int32 stop0, Int 32 stop1. Int32 stop2)
at LSLib.Granny.GR2.GR2Reader.Uncompressstream90
at LSLib.Granny.GR2.GR2Reader.read(Object root)
at LSLib.Granny.GR2Utils.LoadModel(String inputPath, ExportFormat format)
at ConverterApp.GR2Pane.loadInputBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Ive read through some previous posts and its been suggested that the file is in D: OS directory, but I only own D: OS 2, does that mean i need to buy the previous game in order to gain this .dll file?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Draba #638639 07/12/17 10:51 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi Norbyte. After deleting some vertices from a DOS2 barrel today (with Blender), when I attempted to covert the DAE to back to GR2, I get this error upon importing:

[Linked Image]

I'm not sure what could be causing the issue beyond something that happens when those vertices get deleted. I've tested different settings when exporting from Blender, but nothing there seems to make a difference. Importing the initial barrel (with no vertices deleted) works.

Draba #638712 09/12/17 09:52 AM
N
addict
addict
N
I'll look into it. Can you send me a copy of the DAE you were trying to import?

Draba #639618 26/12/17 10:50 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
Great tool Norbyte

I receive the following error message

"import failed! Joint name list reference nonexistent bone: Hip_Bone"

When I try to convert
Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.dae
Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2

After first converting Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2 to
Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.dae

Corresponding upper body Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_UpperBody_A.GR2 converts fine.

Draba #639642 27/12/17 08:29 AM
E
stranger
stranger
E
I can no longer edit my post but my last sentence should have been

"Corresponding male upper body Dwarves_Male_Body_Naked_A_UpperBody_A.GR2 converts fine."

Draba #639932 01/01/18 10:44 AM
N
addict
addict
N
Hi,

The problem is that the Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A mesh only contains a partial skeleton, not a full one (in this case, only 4 bones are present in Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2, but Dwarves_Male_Body_Naked_A_UpperBody_A.GR contains the full skeleton). I'm currently working on extending the skeleton conform option in the exporter to deal with these cases.

A possible workaround would be:
1) Export Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.GR2 to DAE
2) Export the base mesh (Dwarves_Female_Base.GR2) to DAE
3) Copy the skeleton (i.e. the part between <library_visual_scenes> and </library_visual_scenes>) from Dwarves_Female_Base.DAE to Dwarves_Female_Body_Naked_A_LowerBody_A.DAE

This way, you can edit the DAE and re-export it to GR2 without losing skeleton data.

Draba #640421 09/01/18 04:48 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I've got the same problem with the Dwarven lowerbody model. For some reason I can't get it to appear ingame. It's just invisible. Note that all other models seem to work fine. I successfully edited many different upperbody models, even those without a full skeleton. There seems to be one particular issue with lowerbody models that prevent them from properly exporting.

Draba #641059 22/01/18 04:47 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Has anyone successfuly exported existing animations back to GR2? I'm having some trouble getting it to work right, and I'm not sure if it's how I'm exporting it in Blender, or something during the conversion process with the Export Tool.

More on that below.

After doing some experimenting today, I discovered:

Exporting an animation from GR2 to DAE (without linking a skeleton), then exporting that DAE back to GR2 creates this error:

[Linked Image]

Exporting that same animation from GR2 to DAE, with the "Copy skeleton from" pointing to the file with the skeleton works when when reimporting:

(Screenshots)

GR2 Importing:
[Linked Image]

GR2 Exporting:
[Linked Image]

I noticed, after linking that skeleton up and reimporting the DAE, animation file has a model and skeleton attached to it, and those can't be unchecked (the ui suggests they should be uncheckable, via "Select subobjects for export"). Is this a problem? I figure it may be, since the original GR2 animations don't have a skeleton or model.

After exporting the animation back to GR2, I imported this new animation file into the DOS2 editor and tested it out. While it's almost the same as the original, it has a subtle "jitter" to it, and doesn't look nearly as smooth:

Original Animation
Same Animation, After Export Process

My endgoal is here is to be able to speed up some animations and eventually add new animations to existing models, but my current conversion/editing process isn't working correctly, as evidenced by my last attempt:

Faster Bear Walk:
Front | Side

Draba #641061 22/01/18 05:53 PM
N
addict
addict
N
I think the "Object reference not set to an instance of the object" error was fixed sometime in the v1.9 patch series, can you check this version please?
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Can you attach a DAE/GR2 for the jittery animations?

enthusiast
enthusiast
That's the version I was using actually.

Downloaded the one from your link and got the same error unfortunately.

Here's a link to the jittery DAE/GR2: Bear Walk Animation - Google Drive

Draba #642091 09/02/18 03:56 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi Norbyte. We are using your tool and trying to figure out how to add an item to our inventory. Somehow our quest got messed up and we need Leandra's Spellbook. What are the values we need to add to this item to have it appear in our inventory?

Thanks!

Draba #642684 22/02/18 05:05 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Great program, and I have not had any problems making small "adjustments" to one of my characters that I wanted to respec now instead of waiting until the next Act.

My only concern is that now my save files give the "tamper / corrupt" message upon loading. I imagine it is because the internal hash does not match now. I have not had any problems with the files, but wanted to check if there are any future problems that I have not considered. Is there a possibility that Larian might treat this issue differently in the future and block my saves? Any way to fix this "error" ?

Thanks for any input or comments!

Draba #642743 24/02/18 09:56 AM
T
stranger
stranger
T
thank you for the program norbyte. i could use this program but i broke my pc and had to reformate it. now it runs the programs but when i try to unpack .pak files i receive System.BadImageFormatException... what shall i do?

Lusia #642758 24/02/18 12:22 PM
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Lusia
Hi Norbyte. We are using your tool and trying to figure out how to add an item to our inventory. Somehow our quest got messed up and we need Leandra's Spellbook. What are the values we need to add to this item to have it appear in our inventory?

Hi Lusia,

I don't have D:OS installed at the moment so I can't check what value you'd need. The easiest way I can think of is checking the the UUID of the item template in the Divinty Engine, and replace the root template of one of your items with that UUID. Adding new items via xml modification is quite hard as you'll have to generate item handles yourself and update the item factory, so it's easier to just repurpose an useless item in the inventory.

Originally Posted by Tree

My only concern is that now my save files give the "tamper / corrupt" message upon loading. I imagine it is because the internal hash does not match now. I have not had any problems with the files, but wanted to check if there are any future problems that I have not considered.

Hi Tree,

In general the tampered/corrupted message occurs if a hash check in the PAK footers failed. There are several possible causes:
1) the file really is corrupted
2) it was edited with an old version of the exporter; versions before v1.8.3 did not recompute the archive hash, so after the editing the tampered/corrupted error was always there (at least in D:OS 2)
3) the savegame was modified previously, and the sanity check flag in meta.lsx was not cleared
4) I remember D:OS and D:OS EE having a different tamper check scheme than D:OS 2, so I'm not sure if v1.8.3 fixed it for the original as well, or only for D:OS 2

Is there a possibility that Larian might treat this issue differently in the future and block my saves?

They'll not prevent you from playing tampered savegames, as this kind of savegame modification worked for the last 3 years with no issues, and continues to work in D:OS 2 as well. They'll be unlikely to help though if you get stuck or encounter a bug with a modified savegame.

Originally Posted by tuna
thank you for the program norbyte. i could use this program but i broke my pc and had to reformate it. now it runs the programs but when i try to unpack .pak files i receive System.BadImageFormatException... what shall i do?

Hi tuna,

Can you paste the error message in full please?

Draba #642764 24/02/18 01:37 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Help please, when I try to extract pak file I get this error:

System.IO.FileNotFOundException: cant load file or assembly "LSLibNative.dll". Cant find specific module.
Filename: "LSLibNative.dll"
in LSLib.Ls.PackagedFileInfo.MakeStream()
in LSLib.Ls.Packager.UncompressPackage(String packagePath, String outputPath)
in ConverterApp.PackagPane.extractPackageBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Windows7 64, gog version of Divinity Original Sin 2, the file in the error message is in the tool's folder, no idea what problem is...

Draba #642768 24/02/18 01:52 PM
N
addict
addict
N

M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=Norbyte]Which version are you running? Can you try this one?
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-v1.9.0.zip
[/quote]

Yeah I tried this veraion, error with any mod's or game's pak files...

T
stranger
stranger
T
Internal error!

System.BadImageFormatException: could not load f'le or assembly @LSLibNative.dll' or one of its dependencies. its not a valid win32 application. (excemption from HRESULT:0x800700C1)
File name: 'LSLibNative.dll'
at LSLib.LS.PackagedFileInfo.MakeStream()
at LSLib.LS.Packager.UncompressPackage(String packagePath, String outputPath)
at
ConverterApp.PackagePane.extractPackageBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard