Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Update: Now in Playtesting Phase, Releasing Soon!

I'm also seeking playtesters for this mod before uploading to Steam Workshop and Nexus. If anyone would like to help out, here is the link (Updated): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10SdzgDQirAgxypaEIPl6wyh9VErPmp51/view?usp=sharing

I'm currently working on a new custom adventure. It is a conversion of an existing module for Neverwinter Nights from the Neverwinter Vault, found here:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/candle-dark

Synopsis from the Vault Page:
The village of Shadowrock labors under the yoke of unknown evils that walk the night mists, leaving the corpses of villagers for the morning light. They are the victims of a strange plague which has always haunted this sleepy valley, and so it has ever been say the Shadowrock elders. You have lived unquestioning like the rest, surrendering the dead to the Gravekeeper who watches the forbidden tombs of the forest. Then one morning everything changes when the dreaded night ills strike your own family down. A road of fateful decisions, whispered questions and bloody vengeance lies ahead. With all the forces aligned against your struggle, you are but a candle in the dark.

Features:
- Dark Storyline

- Most humanoid enemies will drop all the gear that they are visibly wearing.

- Traders will restock their shop inventory just by asking them to.

- New custom and returning DOS1 Skills/Spells for all skill trees, sold by a dedicated merchant.

- Special weapons, such as fist weapons and elemental daggers.

Game Details

No. of Players: 1-4 Player Characters (PCs).

Companions: 2 Humans - Elsa (2H Warfare/Pyro/Bartering) and Vincent (1H Warfare/Hydro/Loremaster)

Party Size: 4 (includes companions)

Mode: Both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, but some triggers are exclusive to the first PC entering it.

Estimated Playtime: 3-5 Hours

Starting Level: 1

Ending Level: 6

Difficulty: Classic (Easy), Tactician or Honour (Intended Difficulty)

Races: Any living race will do. Human is ideal for story reasons. Strictly no Undead.

Misc: It is advised that you have played DOS2 main campaign before and are familiar with its mechanics.

Progress:
- The mod is complete, but requires playtesting for balance and bug fixing.

Previews (Work-In-Progress):
Shadowrock Village (South) and its connected areas.
[Linked Image]

Deadgrass Tavern
[Linked Image]

Conversation with the Mayor
[Linked Image]

House in Flames
[Linked Image]

Combat Encounter Previews
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Credits (so far):
Larian Studios for making the editor available.
LaughingLeader for coding help.
Windemere RPG for his in-depth Video Tutorial Series on YouTube.
Dima01 for his Video Tutorials especially the one regarding enemies approaching, talking, then attacking.
Luckless

Last edited by BowShatter; 02/04/18 05:33 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
GL with it all. Your biggest challenge is perseverance. The first 400 hours are cake!

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thank for the encouragement and your videos really help a lot! Made some good progress on it already but I'm encountering a lot of problems regarding using triggers to initiate ambushes. After struggling many hours, I decided to find an alternate way around using triggers. Also that many functions. such unregistering triggers don't really work.

apprentice
apprentice
Hi BowShatter, I installed and tried your campaign mod today, really nice work! I'll play it more later, but so far so good.

Are you working on any more mods?

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212
Mostly I make music: https://www.sjatr.com

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hey SaintJohn, sorry for the really late reply! Thanks for trying it out anyway. I've played your adventure mod too, though I haven't got far in yet.

As of now, not currently working on any mods due to IRL events, but I do have ideas from past planning. Maybe I'll hop back on DoS2 modding when I have the time.

Link Copied to Clipboard