Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Good Evening, i would like to report an issue i am facing in my gameplay. I currently have 3 profiles on my game, 2 used for a co op local game and anothe for a single player game. While playing the Solo game on Act 2 i noticed suddenly the entire map was uncovered, even thoug i have not even done that with the other profiles. This happened on the early stages of the act so i only had a few waypoints and now discovering a new waypoint will not give me any experience. Please let me know if you can look into this matter and what information is required of my game. Thank you

If you climb up somewhere high your map will automatically be updated with information you're able to see from that perspective. Even if you've never been to those locations before. I think this is what might have happened in your game.

You don't get any experience whatsoever for discovering waypoints. At least I never got any.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
[quote=SleepyBadger]If you climb up somewhere high your map will automatically be updated with information you're able to see from that perspective. Even if you've never been to those locations before. I think this is what might have happened in your game.

You don't get any experience whatsoever for discovering waypoints. At least I never got any.[/quote]

Thank you for the reply, i am aware of this particular game mechanic but in my case i did not climb into any high ground and the map did not just uncover a little, it was completely uncovered even thou i was only at the begginig of act 2. I believe my problem may have been caused by updates, as i have reviewed my oldest save game and there are version changes between what i was playing and what the current version is on my save games. But this is ruining my game experience as i am loosing exp and not able to tell the places i have not been yet.

Originally Posted by Cyberneo
<snip>But this is ruining my game experience as i am loosing exp <snip>

I still don't understand why uncovering the map would make you lose xp.

The official way to get in touch with Larian is to email your zipped save to supportdos2@larian.com with the description of the problem.

From personal experience, the solution might take some time though.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by SleepyBadger
Originally Posted by Cyberneo
<snip>But this is ruining my game experience as i am loosing exp <snip>

I still don't understand why uncovering the map would make you lose xp.

The official way to get in touch with Larian is to email your zipped save to supportdos2@larian.com with the description of the problem.

From personal experience, the solution might take some time though.

Well the uncovered map makes it difficult for me to figure out where i have not explored yet, and because i am only at the beggining of the act there are a lot of waypoints to reveal ahead of me and the fact that i am not getting any experience for discovering any of them, to me, means i am loosing out on some experience i should be getting by default.

Thank you for the information, i will email them with my save game and the descriptio and hope they can get to the bottom of this issue.

As I said, you don't get any experience in this game for discovering waypoints. You do get exploration xp for going to certain locations, but for this you actually have to be there, seeing the location from afar isn't enough.

Did you actually unlock all the waypoints on the map right at the beginning the act? Can you fast travel there?

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard