Print Thread
D
DeEz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello!

After the recent few patches, specifically event CharacterStatusApplied seems to no longer fire in GM mode (I might be wrong though). I am not sure if this was a design decision or if it's a bug. I'd like to point out that this breaks functionality of some mods that expand the GM's toolset.

If someone from larian could comment on this that'd be much appreciated.

T
addict
addict
T
I don't see anything in code at first sight that would prevent this event from being thrown in GM mode.

What we did do, was disable all of the Origins mod scripting in GM mode, because many things broke if you had a mod that depended on Origins and that was subsequently used in GM mode. So if a mod relied on Origins story code while used in GM mode, then it will probably have to copy the relevant Origins story code directly into that mod to restore the related functionality.

D
DeEz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I don't see anything in code at first sight that would prevent this event from being thrown in GM mode.

What we did do, was disable all of the Origins mod scripting in GM mode, because many things broke if you had a mod that depended on Origins and that was subsequently used in GM mode. So if a mod relied on Origins story code while used in GM mode, then it will probably have to copy the relevant Origins story code directly into that mod to restore the related functionality.

I only use Game_Master as dependency. This same behaviour (or lack thereof) can be observed in another mod that listens for this event (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1171786943).

T
addict
addict
T
I'll ask the main GM mode developer on Monday if he has any ideas.

T
addict
addict
T
Maybe one question: are your story goals top level goals, or are they subgoals of other goals? If so, when do those other goals complete?

D
DeEz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have tried with top level goals, which works in the editor but not ingame. I've also tried making them subgoals of GMModWrapper (which also didn't work).

T
addict
addict
T
You can try using Norbyte's Osiris proxy to see whether the event arrives in the game.

D
DeEz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
You can try using Norbyte's Osiris proxy to see whether the event arrives in the game.

So I did some poking around comparing the logs from the editor and the one produced ingame.

Originally Posted by osirislog
>>> call COsiris::Event
>>> event CharacterStatusApplied((CHARACTERGUID)S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_001_da072fe7-fdd5-42ae-9139-8bd4b9fca406, "HEAL", S_GLO_CharacterCreationDummy_001_da072fe7-fdd5-42ae-9139-8bd4b9fca406)

Originally Posted by ingamelog
>>> call COsiris::Event
>>> event CharacterStatusApplied((CHARACTERGUID)GameMaster_Archetype_TheAlchemist_d523db3d-4000-440a-a2c5-02f0bef5f57f, "HEAL", NULL_00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000)

Which confirms that the event does indeed fire, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. What's interesting though, is that I did not see execution of the INIT section of my goal.

Here's what it looks like in osirislog:
Originally Posted by osirislog
exec INIT section of goal _Debug_Controller (#19):
0> DB_DebugGoal( "Test" ) [add fact]

This is nowhere to be found in the log produced with the Osiris proxy. I made sure the mod was properly loaded into GM mode by making a dummy status effect that did show up ingame.

Last edited by DeEz; 18/03/18 11:19 PM.
D
DeEz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Any ideas?

T
addict
addict
T
Unfortunately, it turns out that loading story from non-adventure mods in GM mode
a) was never intended to happen in the first place
b) caused the game to crash in some cases

As a result, it was disabled "correctly" a few patches ago. I'm sorry I don't have better news.

addict
addict
Hey everyone,

What Tinkerer noted is correct. In our current story flow, it was never intended to work and as such has been corrected in code to support the people blocked from playing due to game crashes.

We realize, however, how unfortunate this turn of events is, for you mod creators as well as the users subscribing to these awesome creations, and discussed it internally to find a better solution. I believe that, given the mod support we implemented over the last few patches, we are now better equipped to allow add-on scripting in GM. As such, for a future patch, we intend to look for a solution to adapt our code so that we can properly enable add-on scripting in GM mode, similar to our Story and Arena modes.

For the time being, we apologize sincerely for the block, while we do our best to find a proper solution for everyone.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 21/03/18 11:30 AM.

CTRL+K the elf
D
DeEz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
A workaround would be to create an Adventure mod for GM mode. This let's us use story scripting but it throws compatibility completely out the window.

Link Copied to Clipboard