Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
No idea if avian type would fit in anyway into the lore of Divinity.

Y
Y
Makes a good joke any day laugh.

watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
well the lore always seems to be evolving, maybe they could be a nomad race that was not well known, or maybe they came from another dimention.

watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
i was thinking about a humanoid avian, something like major teroh from magic the gathering.

Don't think bird women need boobs. Boobs are a mammal thing. Females should be distinguished in a similar fashion to that of the lizard females. Different body shape, different head and eyes features, etc.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 18/03/18 11:44 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
The another dimention theme could fit well in a dlc campaign, that could make the avians as an "outsider" playable race.

Last edited by henraku; 19/03/18 06:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
I wholly support this suggestion, but how [i]would[/i] they fit in the lore? Do they have their god, too, and if so, why are they not among the Seven? Maybe they are an offshoot of the Lizards, or an unwanted/forgotten creation of Zorl-Stissa, or perhaps Amadia?

Just throwing these out for the sake of discussion and b/c I'm a sucker for concocting backstory :think:

Last edited by amydammit; 22/03/18 10:03 PM.
watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
well for lore i mentioned some possibilities like being nomads(you know those people who keeps traveling from one place to another) who were not very well know at the time or being a race from another dimention making them "outsiders", as for their god they could have one of the seven or simply have their own unique deity outside of the seven somewhat similar to what happen to Lohse.

stranger
stranger
Hmm, so kinda like with Adramahlikh and demons, perhaps there are other beings like him who are more or less benevolent or creators in some way?

As an alternative idea, maybe there is a forgotten/nomadic sect of Lizards who had turned from Zorl and toward Amadia? Maybe they migrate between high mountain peaks and/or floating islands, so sighting them has historically been rare?

But perhaps Divinity has lured them down from their lofty perches (hello narrative fodder)?

Coming up with some ideas here might help shape whatever starting perks/affinities/etc we’d like to see. I agree having a skill that’s a combo of Tactical Retreat and Spread Wings would be awesome though

Another complication is adding another face to the shapeshifter mask for our undead bird people...we *can* also have undead bird people, right? Right?

watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
There is alot of ways to include them in the lore, the outsiders i was thinking about wasnt based on demons(but your idea works too, i hope i understood it correctly) i thought of a world based on another culture, rivellon is mostly based on medieval europe maybe they came from a world based on asian culture, feudal japan could look good(samurai avians),your examples seems good too.

Hm, lizards that evolved into avians seems good too, i personally would prefer that they werent related though but i still liked your idea, yes maybe they traveled in lands where the other races didnt usually go and the events of the game attracted some of them to where the game takes place, if an extra campaign is included there could have a good amount of avians.

Maybe amadia could choose an avian since she could see their potential, again they could have a special god for them outside of the seven.
Thinking about it, instead of having a god they could be guided by ancestral spirits, your character's "god" could actually be a spirit of an ancestor(either a single powerful ancestor or a group of ancestors).

Well about the mask, that wouldnt be a problem since the mechanics for the item is still the same(fane's mask could have an avian transformation included, mostly for gameplay purposes), undead avians are a very plausible idea too.

Additional suggestions are welcome, we need to give alot of different options on how to make this race.

Last edited by watcher; 22/03/18 03:07 AM.
Support
Support

Look at all the new user accounts... that only participate in this topic... for some strange reason.

stranger
stranger
Are you saying we’re...flocking to this topic? smile Thanks for the account approval!

@watcher: I’d be down for something apart from the Seven— there’s plenty of corners of Rivellon for avians to originate and a separate lore could enlarge the world we already adore. But there’s also a part of me that just wants to make a fireball-chucking chicken regardless

I’m also curious if there are other ideas out there!

watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Im guessing that they liked the idea of this new race and decided to create an account just to leave a suggestion about it, that sometimes happens when there's an idea of new races,classes or even weapons in a game.

Last edited by watcher; 22/03/18 03:46 PM.
watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
chicken? that could be a head option for the race.

H
stranger
stranger
H
so the devs actually read this post, that's promissing, well i think that if a DLC for this game with the inclusion of this race and a new campaign, among other things, would be very pleasing for many players and profitable for the company, im not trying to be rude i just know that any company needs money to survive, DLCs are a good thing when done correctly, i think that the devs did their best at creating this game and a DLC would only "upgrade" it.

watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
dlc is indeed a good way to keep a game alive, it adds new content so the players can enjoy new experiences in the same game, i think a major problem that people find in dlc is that some companies use it in an abusive way, i know a series of games where they purposely make the game as incomplete as possible in order to sell expensive dlc some of which are even more expensive than the game itself. well about your suggestion of a dlc that includes a new campaign and the avian race, i think the idea is good, there are many rpgs that did something like that with good results.
The game is still new and the devs are still working on some fixes so i dont expect a dlc too soon

Last edited by watcher; 22/03/18 11:14 PM.
stranger
stranger
Chicken heads, parrot heads, ostrich heads, duck heads, potoo faces...the possibilities are a delight to consider

watcher Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
each gender could have heads based on different birds(ex:males- raven,owl / female- seagull,sparrow) or they could be based on the same kind of bird but on different species(ex:males- Red-tailed hawk,Cubalaya chicken / female Cooper's hawk,Silkie chicken).

i think adding a new origin for the main campaign would be problematic, but it could be possible on an extra campaign.

N
N
I'm pretty interested myself. Anything that isn't a human, or strongly looks human is an extreme rarity as far as playable races go in games. Avians (actual bird-people and not just humans with wings) in particular are near non-existent I am pretty sure.

As far as particular birds to base appearances on, I would vouch for Secretary Birds, Corvids, Vultures, Ratites, and Shrikes.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXsAR3yUQAAe308.jpg:orig[/img]

Last edited by Nivv; 23/03/18 08:01 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Me too! i always wanted a playable avian in a rpg!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard