Next Thread
Print Thread
#644517 30/03/18 07:08 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
So I originally bought DOS2 on GOG for the full $60 for some reason. I normally buy stuff on steam since it syncs my saves, but I don't believe GOG does. Ive since reformatted and lost at least 50+hrs of progress. I take it I'm SOL?

Does steam save and sync your games saves? Would I need to re-buy it on steam to get this one feature?

Support
Support

With the GOG version, the Galaxy client can be set to sync saves online. I don't recall if that is enabled or disabled by default.
In Galaxy, if you select the game, click More and select 'Backups & goodies', there is a 'Cloud saves backup Copy' section to (I assume) download any saves that are online.

Do you have any backups of your My Documents folder? If so you may be able to restore a previous version of the save, if not the most recent.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'm afraid not. I wiped everything without realizing what was on it as I was taking a break from the campaign at the time.

I hope GOG made a copy.

Thanks for your help.

A
A
Cloud saving is active on default. Though you only have 1GB of cloud space for your save games, which unfortunately is not a lot. Though naturally cloud saving requires the use of the gog galaxy client. smile

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard