Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RKane Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The purpose of this thread is to collect feature requests for Larian to include into the modding tools. I spoke with someone from Larian and he said that whilst no promises can be made, suggestions and feedback will certainly be read & considered. So I feel it's worth creating a thread like this, asking you modders what small inclusions could be made that would have a dramatic impact.

I'd like the format to be as easy as possible for the devs to read so please consider the following:

Only 1 suggestion per reply
Please use this template when creating a feedback reply:

Feature request:
Description:
Screenshots: leave empty if not applicable

I have put a few examples below.

This thread is not
A discussion of whether they'll do anything.
A discussion on whether a feature is a good or bad idea
A discussion of whether a feature is viable

If I could ask that moderators of this forum help me keep this thread clean of 'clutter' I'd appreciate it

Last edited by RKane; 10/04/18 10:51 AM.
RKane Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Feature request:
Allow us to make our own skill requirements.

Description:
Currently in the file ValuesList.txt, (found in \Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Structure\Base), we are limited to the already predefined SkillRequirements. These are:

valuelist "SkillRequirement"
value "None"
value "MeleeWeapon"
value "RangedWeapon"
value "StaffWeapon"
value "DaggerWeapon"
value "ShieldWeapon"

I propose that we have the ability to create our own skill requirements.

Last edited by RKane; 10/04/18 10:31 AM.
RKane Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Feature request:
Allow us to create "TemplateOverride" for any skill

Description & Reqest:
Using the skill Summon_Incarnate as an example:

new entry "Summon_Incarnate"
type "SkillData"
data "SkillType" "Summon"
data "ForGameMaster" "Yes"
data "Ability" "Summoning"
data "Tier" "Starter"
data "ActionPoints" "2"
data "Cooldown" "6"

data "Template" "118d7359-b7d5-41ea-8c55-86ce27afceba"
data "TemplateAdvanced" "13f9314d-e744-4dc5-acf2-c6bf77a04892"
data "TemplateOverride" "13f9314d-e744-4dc5-acf2-c6bf77a04892"

I'd like a feature within the editor that can add conditions / requirements like this to other skills.

For example:
Let's say I want to make a mod that improves the skill Battle Stomp. I want to add the following logic:
If the player has 40 Strength, change the skill to a radial ability
or
If the player has 20 Intelligence, change the resistance type (of the knockdown) to Magical Armour
or
If the main damage type of this weapon is Fire, create a field of fire on target location

Additionally it would be nice if there was some way to identify a skill that has a modifier. Maybe adding a data field like:

data "IconOverride" "13f9314d-e744-4dc5-acf2-c6bf77a04892"

So that if a skill is being overridden then the icon will change too?

Last edited by RKane; 10/04/18 10:56 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
Maximum Armor and Maximum Magic Armor as a characterstat type

Description:
Currently, there are characterstat types such as PhysicalArmor, PhysicalArmorPoints, MagicArmor and MagicArmorPoints. Usually, you can get two of those and divide one by the other to get the maximum armor, but that gets weird when the character has 0 current and/or maximum armor. A way to use the querry CharacterGetStat like:
CharacterGetStat(_ArmorMax, _Character, PhysicalArmorMax)
CharacterGetStat(_ArmorMax, _Character, MagicArmorMax)

PS.: VitalityMax is already a thing, it would be nice to have that for armors as well.

Screenshots:
leave empty if not applicable

enthusiast
enthusiast
Feature request:
When publishing, default the "Update Description" checkbox to false (unchecked).

Description:
In most situations, modders will never want to overwrite their formatted workshop pages with a short summary description. It's great that we have the option to disable this now, but let's take it one step further!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Feature request:
Retrieve more stat info via script

Description:
The game currently has the call: GetStatString [in](GUIDSTRING)_Object, [out](STRING)_Statname which provides some useful information. That being said, it would be nice to be able to pull any of the stat information related to _Object via this or a similar call, e.g. slot, value, magic armor boost, etc

Last edited by CuddleBear; 05/05/18 06:21 AM.

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
C
stranger
stranger
C
Feature request:
Add entry into stats and treasure table via scripts.

Description:
In addition to being able to read information from the stats tables, the ability to add entries into the stats and treasure tables via scripts.

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
C
stranger
stranger
C
Feature request:
Ability to query the GUID of items from the stats table via script.

Description:
I would like to be able to create items from the stats tables, but in order to use many of the commands to do this I need to know the ITEMGUID. Without knowing this, it would be great if I could query the GUID via the name in the stats table (not treasure table).

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
Add "Damage(FLOAT:amount, CHARACTER|ITEM:target, CHARACTER|ITEM:source, DAMAGE_TYPE:damage, [INT:levelscale, CHARACTERSTAT_TYPE:attributescale, INT:skillscale])" to behavior script.

Description:
Deals the specified amount of damage to the target from the Source of the specified type. If Levelscale is 0, will use level of Source. If Levelscale is -1, will not scale at all and will use amount directly. If attributescale is not null, will scale with specified attribute. If skillscale is 1, scale with relevant skill.

journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
Lifesteal as a characterstat type

Description:
A way to use the querry CharacterGetStat like:
CharacterGetStat(_Stat, _Character, Lifesteal)

Screenshots:
leave empty if not applicable

addict
addict
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the suggestions!
At our current time, with our focus on the Definitive Edition release, it's a bit harder to put resources behind larger changes. All requests here sound like very good additions, but many entail quite some changes (looking at the stats requests). Others then again are very feasible (looking at LaughingLeader's checkbox).

That being said, the Definitive Edition is certainly not the end of our modding support.
The team is aware and we'll look into everything as time progresses smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
Global Character Scripts

Description:
Currently, the only way to make a charScript apply to all characters in the game is by editing the game's charScripts, like Base.charScript or DefaultCharacter.charScript.
It would be nice if either all functions from charScript were available to gameScripts or if there was a way to assign a charScript to every character in the game, to avoid mod-compatibility issues.

Off-Topic:
Thanks, Kevin, for the response. We modders love the support we're having and we'll keep working together to make the game best for everyone.

journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
An Attribute/Ability Changed Event

Description:
If we want to keep track of a character's attribute or ability value, we need to be constantly checking with timers. This can cause issues if we're tracking that value for every character and not just the players. It'd be nice to have an event that does that for us, like

Code
OnCharacterAttributeChanged((CHARACTERGUID)_Character, (STRING)_Attribute, (INTEGER)_NewValue)

OnCharacterAbilityChanged((CHARACTERGUID)_Character, (STRING)_Ability, (INTEGER)_NewValue)

C
stranger
stranger
C
Feature request:
To be able to query the current region of a character.

Description:
With characters being GlobalTravelers, the ability to query what region they are currently in, i.e.
CharacterGetRegion
in: (CHARACTER)_GUID
out: (STRING)_Region

I've had issues where I have teleported a global character and they don't teleport and there is no error. So would be good to be able to query current location. I'm able to determine IF they teleported via the event CharacterEnteredRegion, but still have use cases for the query.

Last edited by CuddleBear; 09/06/18 01:22 AM.

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
C
stranger
stranger
C
Feature:
Expand abilities that influence SkillData in the stats editor

Description:
Example: My wife was wanting grenades to scale off of WIT. However, in the Projectile SkillData file, the "Ability" are based off the core character abilities. Is it possible to add Attributes (Wits, Con, Memory, etc.) and also Weapon skills (TwoHanded, OneHanded, etc)?

Thanks,
LordCuddles

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
Source on FetchCharacterApplyStatusData

Description:
Currently, the event FetchCharacterApplyStatusData can provide us with the receiving end of a status and which status it's being tried to apply. I'd want to be able to have access to the source of said status without needing convoluted solutions.
The source can be either an Item, a Character or even a Skill. For example, using Petrifying Touch could return the Character who used it and Petrifying Touch as the skill that caused PETRIFIED. If you hit someone with a weapon and it applies burning, for example, it could return the Character who attacked and the Item that caused BURNING.
Code
FetchCharacterApplyStatusData(CHARACTER:character, STATUS:status, [CHARACTER:source, ITEM:source, SKILL:source])
RETURN(LIST<STATUS>:removeStatuses, STATUS:applyStatus, INT:turns)

journeyman
journeyman
Feature request:
Even more characterstat types

Description:
We have low access to information we can even see on the character sheet. Things like Accuracy and Dodge should be easily accessible script-wise, and it would do wonders to have access to those values.

apprentice
apprentice
In addition to LaughingLeader's excellent suggestion of turning off the Update Description default, also please default to Publish Local. Not only would it be more useful to me in most cases, but it would probably also keep a lot of cruft off the Steam Workshop that people accidentally publish.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212
Mostly I make music: https://www.sjatr.com

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
journeyman
journeyman
[b]Feature Request:[\b]
Kill Round-Robin

[b]Description:[\b]
I know this is hardcoded, but it'd be nice to give modders some more control on how the turn-order happens. So far, Bluefire kinda managed to change that (with a way too convoluted solution relying on scripts), but a simple flag or some events/calls that preserve statuses could allow us to change the way the initiative system works.

journeyman
journeyman
Feature Request:
Skill miss

Description:
Currently, the skills that miss have this entry
Code
key "UseWeaponDamage" "Yes"

This is the only way to make a skill miss, and this comes with the side effect of considering the weapon used on the damage calculation and, therefore, making the skill scale off the weapon's attribute.

I wish there was perhaps another entry on the skills that made the skill be "missable", but without carrying those side effects. Perhaps a
Code
key "CanMiss" "Yes"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard