Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hello!

I am trying to make what in concept seems like a simple mod, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where I am missing something to make it work.

I want to take the Firebrand skill, make it a single target (or an extremely small range to mimic that) and, after getting those aspects to work, changing the element that the skill applies.

So far I have been able to edit the skill to "create a new skill" and set it to a spellbook. But when I test it, the skill applies the buff to all of the party members regardless of the range value. When I change the skill to a target skill, the game crashes. I also cannot for the life of me find where to change the buff to apply an element except fire. All help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Lostsouls46

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Also, I am pretty sure that I have posted this in the wrong thread and am incredibly sorry about that. If someone could move em to the correct spot I'd appreciate it. I'll be more careful in the future.

Lostsouls46

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Of course you have picked one of the more complex skills (because isn't it always the way that we want to emulate the most interesting abilities). So the way that this skill works is like this:

1. The skill Firebrand applies the condition FIRE_BRAND_AURA to the caster only.
2. The status FIRE_BRAND_AURA determines the range of the aura and applies the FIRE_BRAND status to every nearby ally.
3. The FIRE_BRAND status applies the potion stats_FireBrand to its targets.
4. The potion stats_FireBrand adds the weapon bonus Status_FireBrand to its targets
5. The Status_FireBrand weapon adds the damage bonus.

So to make a single target version of the spell, you need to

1. Make a copy the Status_FireBrand weapon and change the name and damage type.
2. Make a copy of the stats_FireBrand potion and change the name and the BonusWeapon column to point to your new weapon.
3. Make a copy of the FIRE_BRAND status and change the name and the StatsId column to point to your new potion.
4. Make a targeted spell (based off whichever targeted spell has the best visuals for your new spell), change the SkillProperties field to apply the status you created in step 3, and the target conditions to be any ally or any character (or whatever other logic works for your skill).

Last edited by lofgren; 08/04/18 12:42 AM.
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thank you for your detailed and thorough answer. After working with the mod engine for a couple days I eventually figured this out. I will mark this as answered and leave it for future modders to find smile.

Link Copied to Clipboard