Print Thread
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Some of the skills this kind of problem:
Dust Blast, Battle Stomp

Samples of the battles that I have encounter this problem.
1) In Arx, when I fight Nemesis (enemies) and those Paladin are neutral.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350970260

2) Just outside the city of Arx, when the Paladin is attacked by Vampiric Void.

3) Saving Sahelia, when Saheila is neutral.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350970212

Please kindly stop let the above skills attacking neutral NPC, it is not intended.
If the neutal NPC joined the battle, I can not use Dust Blast.
Otherwise the NPC will become hostile.

Edit 1: added screenshot.
Edit 2: If you check the description of Dust Blast and Pyroclastic Eruption, both state that it would target enemies. Currently, Dust Blast also target neutral NPC but Pyroclastic Eruption would not.

Last edited by Core One; 04/04/18 06:07 AM.
C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Screenshot is added.

apprentice
apprentice
not sure if that's intended or not, if it's a bug they will probably fix it sooner or later, they are releasing patches after all. for now you will have to avoid using these skill near those npcs.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i believe it's intended

allied characters (green on the map) won't be hit by aoe spells, same as companions. neutral characters that aren't actively fighting you but aren't explicitly allied with you will not be protected in this way, and if you do hit them a couple of times they'll turn hostile (red) and you'll have to kill them too

best way around this is to just aim your skills so they don't hit neutral characters, provided you don't want to kill them

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
For Dust Blast, the description already state it only attack enemies (not related to aim skill). FYI I had emailed Larian support and a ticket had been opened for this particular case. You can check my edit 2 in my first post, Dust Blast behavior is not consistent with Pyroclastic Eruption.

BTW for Battleing Ram, as the description only said it would hit "all enemies" only. But it actually hit neutral NPC.

Sometimes there is no turning back, especially when playing in honor mode.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
the "all enemies" qualifier just indicates that it hits everything in its path that isn't an ally. neutral NPCs are considered potential targets for aoe spells for the reasons i stated above

C
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by miaasma
the "all enemies" qualifier just indicates that it hits everything in its path that isn't an ally. neutral NPCs are considered potential targets for aoe spells for the reasons i stated above

For Dust Blast, the description already state it only attack enemies (not related to aim skill). You can check my edit 2 in my first post, Dust Blast behavior is not consistent with Pyroclastic Eruption (edit: added Earthquake too). How would you explain this?

BTW, attacking neutral NPC with these skills will turn them into enemies in various fight.

Last edited by Core One; 12/04/18 03:04 AM. Reason: added Earthquake
Support
Support

Dust Blast is not intended to target neutral NPCs. This has been fixed, and will be in a future update (no ETA).

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Core One
Originally Posted by miaasma

For Dust Blast, the description already state it only attack enemies (not related to aim skill). You can check my edit 2 in my first post, Dust Blast behavior is not consistent with Pyroclastic Eruption (edit: added Earthquake too). How would you explain this?

BTW, attacking neutral NPC with these skills will turn them into enemies in various fight.

can't speak to dust blast since i've never used that skill in a fight with neutral characters

but yes, hitting neutral characters a few times with your spells will turn them into enemies

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard