Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
So editor patch v3.0.158.708 has completely broken my Noisy Crypt campaign. The mod has a dependency on Origins and definitely does some things in non-optimal ways, but it was a product of its time.

That said, I am assuming that the story needs to be rebuilt. Problem is, when I try to rebuild it I get an error in one of my scripts because it uses CharacterSawCharacter as the second condition of a rule. I went to change the order but the editor will not allow me to save the file. I get the following error:

ScriptItem has changes but is not writeable - This should not be possible!

Category: Code
Count: 1
Timestamp: 12-12-2017 20:17:13:936
Function: StoryPlugin::StoryEditorBackend::SaveGoalsToDir

The goal in question is a sub-goal of "Start", which was copied to my mod and some changes made there to character creation. Hence, the goals look like:

Code
+DOS2ModWrapper
+Start
      ---NPC_Hugh

I can't modify and save the NPC_Hugh goal. Why is this?

Also, what is the intended use of the DOS2ModWrapper goal now? It was added in the last patch but to my knowledge there was no explanation for why it's there. Is it just to segregate off the common PROC stuff from the campaign to better isolate changes? We shouldn't actually be adding stuff under there for our own campaigns should we? The "Sandbox" goal is still under "__Start", so is that where you expect standalone campaigns to add their own goals in most cases?

*EDIT* - Just to be clear, I can workaround this by hand editing the raw text file but I'd like to understand better what is going on.

Thanks smile

Last edited by Windemere; 12/12/17 08:44 PM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
A
addict
addict
A
I don't know if it's of any help, but I had this (or a similar) issue in D:OS 1 and just had to remove the pak file from the documents mod folder to make story goals writable again.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Thanks, I'll try that out. It doesn't exhibit the problem on a different PC so it may be something like that.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
apprentice
Hi! Did you ever find a resolution to this? I keep getting the error that when I try to save a Goal in the Script Editor, it says "ScriptItem has changes but is not writeable - This should not be possible!". I've been able to work on all of my scripts for the past couple of days just fine, but then this evening I couldn't save, and sometimes when opening my custom scripts it also said that the files weren't checked out. I've tried reloading, adding the script to my mod (they were already in there), checking out the files with the button on the editor, and nothing works. I can make a new file and copy the text over, but that seems like a huge waste of time. I also can't delete any of my custom scripts.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212
Mostly I make music: https://www.sjatr.com

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeah, I believe the problem was what Abraxas said. It started happening after I published my mod locally and had also copied it to the "Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\Mods" folder. Once I deleted the pak files from those directories, the problem went away.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
apprentice
apprentice
Phew! Yep. That worked. Thank you guys.

I made a small standalone campaign mod for DOS2, 'Treasure Hunters! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1594027212
Mostly I make music: https://www.sjatr.com

Fav RPG games: Bard's Tale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, D&D Gold Box, Diablo, Divinity Original Sin.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard