Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
stranger
stranger
P
I don't know how far along you are, but it occurred to me, in order for this to be neither overpowered or annoying, the two states of fed or unfed and the transition has to be not annoying at both extremes.

Just a thought then, that after killing/feeding, the vampire has more normal human likeness and traits and stats (fat and lazy), but as they get hungry you have a tradeoff of one thing versus another, for example, social interactions become affected (trading, discourse, being in town), health gets lower (vulnerable) but stats go up and spells become available, so it becomes, from a design point of view, risk vs reward slider.

That concept would make it interesting to play as long as either end wasn't extreme, so perhaps in order to get a discount on your deals you kill someone first to get a "buff", and before a fight, go hungry for a bit for some burst.

It's a heck of a lot of status effects to manage, i'm playing with little ones right now, but just a thought. Keep going with it mate.

T
stranger
stranger
T
To be honest, I really hope the mod doesn't move in this direction. I think the whole elder scrolls thing of getting more powerful as you starve doesn't make much sense to me. I much prefer vampires that are powered by blood. i.e the more they drink, the more powerful they become and as they starve they begin to wither and weaken

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think there's a balance to be had, for sure. That's why my current setup is to give you a "Blood Frenzy" buff when you first hit Starving, as a sort of crazed damage buff that eventually wears off. To get it again, you have to feed back up to Well Fed, so it shouldn't be easy to abuse.

Side note: I've been sidetracked by an ever-increasing amount of smaller QoL mods, so Vampirism has taken a bit of a backseat at the moment. With that said, I've learned a ton about how to script with the story editor, so I'm in a better place to rewrite Vampirism's scripts to be more mod-compatible.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Is this still being made?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Not currently. I've got about half a dozen other mods in the mix right now, so this one was pretty much put on semi-permanent pause since my last post. Hard to believe it's been nearly 7 months... Time flies! opa

Interestingly enough, I passed on a bunch of the Vampirism ideas to Helaene when she was making her vampire class mod, like the vampire's heart thing being how you interact with yourself.

If I do take a crack at this one again, the good news is my scripting knowledge is way farther along than it was when I started this thread, so implementing some complex vampire ideas should be feasible.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard