Next Thread
Print Thread
#646707 11/06/18 11:05 AM
Y
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
I think the cooldowns on many mage spells are too long. Even after obtaining many skills it feels too long. Because of this I always feel like I must use all spells as soon as possible to be able to cast them again instead of really thinking about it. Having this '' routine '' somewhat kills the fun in playing mage classes in my opinion. I don't want to be forced to auto attack either because that makes you feel like you're not playing a mage.
I think it was perfect in DOS 1 where the CD decreased with intelligence.

What do you guys think?
And do you think it's likely that larian will change this?

veteran
veteran
I only have issues with a few cooldowns.

The cooldown on Tornado is definitely excessive, that one could definitely be cut in half.

I also don't see why Rain has to be 6 turns long, considering the effect ends after the first turn. I think that one could be cut back to 3 turns. That would give it better synergy with The Global Cooling-Ice Breaker combo.

Running out of skills and needing to use regular attacks is only an early game thing. Later on you will have more skills and will have lots of options to use before your first choices come back off of cooldown. I don't see that changing. If you want more skills available, put more points into Memory early.

I completely and totally disagree with the idea of tying cooldowns to "having X attribute above a certain threshold". That makes it harder to balance. Before DOS 1's EE came out, I argued against tying cooldowns to intelligence because it made hybrid characters worse, but hybrids of that type don't exist at all in DOS 2 for different reasons.

veteran
veteran
One of the good things about the first game: You were able to reduce cooldowns with intelligence and it never felt like it made hybrids worse. My Scoundrel-Aerothurg felt great to play and he had points in all three stats: Str, Dex and Int, so more hybrid is hardly possible.

Y
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Maybe then make for example strength also lower cooldowns of strength based skills etc.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard