Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by CuddleBear
Feature request:
To be able to query the current region of a character.

Description:
With characters being GlobalTravelers, the ability to query what region they are currently in, i.e.
CharacterGetRegion
in: (CHARACTER)_GUID
out: (STRING)_Region

I've had issues where I have teleported a global character and they don't teleport and there is no error. So would be good to be able to query current location. I'm able to determine IF they teleported via the event CharacterEnteredRegion, but still have use cases for the query.

Ignore this one, already exists via GetRegion.
Thanks!

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
C
stranger
stranger
C
Feature request:
Ability to modify attributes and abilities, directly not via boost

Description:
Currently the commands CharacterAddAttribute and CharacterAddAbility (along w/ Remove versions) add a "boost" to the stat. Can we add additional commands that actually change the attribute/ability instead of applying a boost?

Thanks

Lord Cuddles
My Workshop
enthusiast
enthusiast
Feature request: Ignore crash dumps and log files when publishing a mod.

Description: Currently, when the editor crashes, a crash dump is placed in what appears to be the last used folder. So you end up with crash dumps all over the place - in the effects bank folder, the gui folder, etc. If these folders are included in the published mod, the crash files get included, and bloat up the file size.

Additionally, log.txt, created when compiling the story, is included in the published mod, and is usually pretty large, depending on the size of story scripts used in the mod (even moreso if Origins is a dependency). This file is usually 20+ MB in size, and is unneeded in the released mod.

Depending on the mod, all of these files may add up to a pak that's easily 4x-5x the file size of what it should be.

Would it be possible to simply ignore these files when publishing a mod? Thanks.

Hi LL,

Two very good suggestions! They seem like quick fixes, so I will see that they are included in the DE editor.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
The ability to change the change the name of main attributes in the editor and adding custom attributes.
The same for skill school and talents.
So i can add holy and shadow schools for example and player can add points to my custom schools or talents.
(I know you can change localization txt to change whats displayed, but this doesnt add new attributes/schools/talents.)

*A drag and drop interface for allspark so i can modify placement of effects and keystone animations without manually editing rotations and placement locations through xyz numbers.

*An animation preview window in stats editor.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Feature request: IterateSkills

Description:
I would love it if we could iterate through a character's skills (including those that were added to the instance - created dynamically).

I'm not sure what that would look like though. I don't think StoryEvent would work since it uses a GUIDSTRING, so it would probably need 2 new functions. One to fire the event and another to catch the event.

IterateSkills((CHARACTERGUID)_Character, (STRING)_Event)

SkillsEvent((STRING)_Skill, (STRING)_Event)

Last edited by Simzzz; 07/09/18 12:24 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard