Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This bug seems to have been introduced in a recent patch. Previously, you could have more than one summon, and their portraits would line up next to the summoner's, as expected.

Now, it seems this is no longer the case.

Incarnate summoned after a follower is attached to the player:

[Linked Image]

The incarnate works in battle, despite the portrait missing:

[Linked Image]

Dismissing the follower makes the portrait show up:
Video Example

Conversely, summoning the incarnate, and then adding the follower makes the follower's portrait hidden, so it seems to respect whichever character was attached first.

T
addict
addict
T
Thanks, I've created an internal bug report for this.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Great. Thanks Tinkerer. smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Today I was messing around with multiple followers/summons in the editor, and the portraits seem to work, even with a bunch of statuses on all characters:

[Linked Image]

In my editor tests, I used the same mods as the ones I used in-game, then only a couple of those mods, and finally just one mod, and the portraits worked in the editor every time. think

After that, I tested things in the actual game once more, and got the same portrait problem as mentioned in my earlier post, so whatever's causing this bug doesn't seem to be affecting the editor.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This issue is still prevalent in the DE unfortunately. To make matters worse, if you're in combat and you select a different character - you're unable to return to the character whose portrait is missing, since there's no other way to select them.

Edit: Turns out you can select the portrait-less summons with keybinds!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by LaughingLeader; 04/09/18 05:43 AM. Reason: Found a temporary solution.
T
addict
addict
T
Yes, the issue is still open on our bug tracker. It's not forgotten though!

Edit: apparently there was a duplicate for it that has been fixed in the mean time. With a bit of luck, it will be solved in the first non-hotfix patch for the Definitive Edition.

Last edited by Tinkerer; 04/09/18 09:37 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard