Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zeh_dev Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hi people, i just want to let you know that this is my first post on any gaming forum ever, english is my second language and this is my opinion :)

Well, i was thinking that is totally viable to make a team based on physical damage and not so much on magic damage based on loot perspective.

You have two-handed weapons, 2x one-handed weapons or weapon with a shield, daggers and crossbows/bows and just 2x one-handed weapons vs one-handed + shield builds dispute weapon loot with each other, still giving the player 4 possible characters.

Then we have magic builds with staffs, 2x wands or wand with shield. But there aren't that many weapon options for that. If you want to build 4 mages party, you will have to decide based on +skill which staff to give to your fellow party members and that is boring and doesn't feel unique or special in any way. Above all that, i know that weapon attack for mages is rarely used because you have much more powerfull spells to fit in the situation.

But, i was wondering if this could be taken more seriously and new magic weapon gear was implemented. For instance:
A weapon holder/Crystal of some sort that may function in pair with summoning skills to make possible the summoning of a magical sword/etc with its damage purely magical.
Some sort of vial, magic scroll, book, equiped that grants no damage but buffs support/healing/armor spells. What comes in my mind is a paladin/priest opening his book to cast his most powerfull spell, etc.

That already would grant 4 characters not disputing for loot and affixes, and this opens the opportunity to have staff/wand with +dmg or speciffic affixes, and have a viable staff/wand attack.

I'm pointing this out because with my mages, i don't ever put points into two-handed/one-handed weapons, i prefer to spread my points into other magical schools and grab some sick spells that may work as damage and crowd control and dictate the pace of the battle, but this doesn't make me feel that my characters are unique or irreplaceable as my physical characters.

Btw, i love this game :)

Thanks alot. GLHF.

veteran
veteran
A pure physical team is out of many reason superior to a pure magical setup, this is only one of these reasons. And most skill trees are pretty underwhelming in general. I think, we only ever used those weapon-type based skils for archers and perhaps dual wield.

It's always one of the core issues of the second game, that you tend more to spread out and less to define unique playstyle skillwise. Because of the low skill point requirements it is pretty easy to gather the good skills from most schools. And maxing a school hardly feels worthwile in general, because summoner is the only skill tree that offers something special at max level.

Regarding more weapons for mages: In the end this would sadly just mean, that it is even less likely to find decent items, you can really use for your team.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I find shields a problem. You rarely find them and if you can craft them then I don't know how (according to guides it is woodchips and metal scraps but I never found any metal scraps so idk).

I'm hoping the DE will improve crafting a bit - perhaps by not always making the most basic weapon. I'd happily savescum for half an hour if it meant I got a staff with aero damage and +2 INT for example. Perhaps even longer for one with a rune slot!

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard