Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Somehow can't find where can I put statuses on characters in the editor. Somebody, please give me a hint.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
There are multiple ways to assign statuses to characters:

- Use an Osiris script. The call ApplyStatus can apply statuses to characters, see https://docs.larian.game/Osiris/API/ApplyStatus.

- Use the character script "GLO_SetStatusOnInit". Select the character in the editor, in the sidebar look for the section "Character" which contains the property "Scripts". In the window that opens you can assign the script from the section "Available" by double clicking it. Can also be applied to root templates, but you should avoid modding the root templates of the main game.

- Use the item script "PUZZLE_StatusApplier". Works like the one above but you do not apply it on a character but on an item. Best example for this one are campfires that apply the status "WARM" to all characters around them.

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
So it could be done only by using scripts? I was looking for something like a status panel in GM mode. Anyway, thank you for the help!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
For the second solution you don't have to script yourself, it's more like applying a behavior to the character through the editor interface.

If you are looking for a solution to "configure" the status on a character, it would be hidden somewhere in the character stats, but I am not aware of how to do this directly (there is no column "Status" in the character stats I am aware of). You could create some special equipment (like a ring, necklace or armor) that carries the desired status and apply it through the equipment set of the character. However, this (the stats tables) is a field I don't have much experience in, so you should talk to the folks on the modding discord channel. There are some real stats experts hanging around over there.

L
Online Content
L
The stats don't really have such an option.
The solutions I mentioned above are the 'normal' ways of applying these statuses in the context of our engine. You can try to work around it and find your own solution but this is how it normally works.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard