Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Is there any workaround or mod to import or export players’ characters?
I’m DMing a campaign for 4 players, but often, one of them can’t participate so we usually invite someone else. I do the Party Re-roll, but then, it always overwrite the previous character. I wish I could deactivate or save the characters so the GM could assign which character the player will play.
Right now, what I do is screenshot the character, skills, inventory, everything, so the player can recreate it later and I can spawn his loot back. Quite annoying to do that.

There are multiple discussions on Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1697167355213025882/

J
stranger
stranger
J
The fact that none of this exists makes GM mode a total joke. The fact that it has been months since release and it is still has not been implemented is a joke as well. I literally bought the game for GM mode and haven't touched it because it is 100% useless without the ability to save/export/import characters.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
We've been asking for this since launch. Good luck.

R
stranger
stranger
R
This is a major problem with the campaign I'm running as well. It also makes it impossible to build a campaign in sections (act 1, act 2). Please add this feature.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Are there any news or statements from larian?

J
stranger
stranger
J
"Thank you for your money. We provided the minimum possible game mode that we promised so that we didn't get sued by KickStarter contributors. We have nothing further to say about our completely useless GM mode" - Larian spokes person, June 1, 2018

J
stranger
stranger
J
We're almost to the 1-year mark of the game being released. Both DOS 1 and 2 were highly praised games, Larian had to make a killing off of them. I would assume they have to funds to employ a pretty large development staff. So I am perplexed...how is something so simple (saving characters) not deployed yet?

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Its simple. They didn't have a grasp on what gm mode would be used for. It's really designed to play a campaign thst is a few sessions at most and move on to a new one. It isn't really designed for long running campaigns or porting characters around. I was prepared to run a ling term campaign but I basically just quit the game after losing work and wasting time over and ober again.

If they had better community discussions (you know, the people who funded them) things probably would have gone much better. The we won't talk about what features we plan to implement and waiting weeks for much needed fixes so they could be rolled into the planned patch really pushed a huge amount of people away.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I think I will write here about Game Master mode and missing features until I get a decent answer. Larian is very silent about it and didn't even try to do anything in the new edition.
The main feature would be easy to take the characters to other campaigns. That can't be that hard.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I'm guessing so many people have quit gm mode that they can't justify spending time on it

S
stranger
stranger
S
Just a few improvments and everyone who uses it, would be satisfied. All I really need is the opportunity to take characters on new adventures.

journeyman
journeyman
There is a way, but it's far from perfect. Create your GM module, have your party role chars, play the game, then save.

So when you want to create a new adventure and take along the same characters, use the prior saved game as the starting point.

You can even zip up the saved game and send it to another member of your party to be the GM (though it would be a good idea if everyone, including the original GM, had rolled a character for that first adventure if you have a spare license).

We've tested this, and it works. We're planning on starting a new set of campaigns using this technique.

S
stranger
stranger
S
That sounds better than nothing hehe Where do I find the savegames? And what does it include?

journeyman
journeyman
On my system they are stored here:

C:\Users\brien\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\drwargame\Savegames\GM

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thank you very much.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard