Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
stranger
S
Tactician starts of tough, but midway through ACTII and you can already push over almost all enemies.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I honestly find it quite disheartening to see how people typically react, to those who merely ask for a challenge without the need to impede themselfs with an artificial handicap. Similar to what others have already described, there are many strategies that can be applied to any given situation and yield the same result. I tried out many different compositions, and the end result is that; far too many of them are just too effective for any given encounter.

But again, what i really don't grasp is how people judge those that voice their concern with this issue. And some of them even take the time and effort describing their issues with the game's difficulty. But this is usually met with snide remarks, as to how "cheesy" they are and should stop using those stratagies. However, unless their is clearly an issue regarding said tactic in terms of overlooked design flaws or out right bugged, then this SHOULD be a tool they are able to take advantage of.

In my experience, i had made a certain comp so effective that i could win EVERY single battle in less than 3 turns. And there was no use of any "cheesy" stratagies that are not intended. But my main issue is that; it's just one of the compositions i made, it's just the best one. And this doesn't require:

1. pre battle buffs.
2. pre battle unit setup.
3. pre battle stealth.
4. first cast.
5. knowledge of the enemy.
6. knowledge of the surroundings.
7. Lone Wolf.
8. Level advantage.
9. kiting.
10. Good gear.
11. Flasks/pots/food
12. ETC

It's a simple composition that contains 1 tank/support, 1 healer/support, 1 Rogue/assasin/outlaw/whatever, and a spellcaster. All it requires is for you to plan 3 turns ahead of time, min max your Action/source points, cast spells in the correct sequence, and how far you can reach. And those are the fundamentals. Which spells, buffs, classes,etc you pick afterwards are not important. There are alot of spells that are OP, but this comp doesn't use those on the "cheesy" list.

And this is exactly my problem. I'm not able to finish this game past the start of Act 3, simply because winning every single battle the exact same way is insanely boring. I'm a player that doesn't care about Lore, Story or any of that sort of stuff. (Blasphemy, i know) What hooked me in was the start of the game where you feel that the game is quite challenging at first, but i think this only due to the lack of options and skills at your disposal. So yeah, obviously if i have 3-4 skills, and no level advantage then naturally i'm going to be limited, and therefore have a harder time. The main issue with this game, in terms of difficulty, is that of scaling.

All i want personally is to always be challenged in every single scenario.The game encourages players to think outside of the box, but once you start to get a little too clever, you'll just ruin the fun for the rest of the game.
And i've already stated that i don't use any "cheesy" spells, tacts or list of other shit, but i WANT to feel the need to use those in order to beat the encounter. There are so many things i know that i could be doing but i know that will make things even worse in terms of kill speed, and being left unstatisfied.

But those, like me, are almost being ridiculed only because we would like to experience a proper challenge. Some people automatically assume that we're trying to boast our 'mad skillz', but this is far from the truth in my case and that of others. We just want to have fun like everyone else, and that which is too difficult for one is easy for the other. Personally, i couldn't care less about people that are worse or better than me. I only want to play on a difficulty that suits my needs. And in this case, the game is FAR too easy.

Some suggestions have been made regarding armor, HP buffs and Xp + gold nerfs, which would be a good start, But are not going to be enough without making them feel kinda silly. A much more elegant solution would require far more than that, which is simply something don't expect at all in the Definitive Edition. But would hope to see in future titles. Even though it's true that people that feel the same as me are in the 0.001% of the gaming community. But there are also those who are still finding the game too easy, and are not looking to use every possible advantage that a harder difficulty would appeal to.

I only made this post because i thought it was quite disgusting to see how people that simply want to have a little more challenge, are being treated like dirt. One can only assume that these people are either suffering from low esteem, or perceive the message to be a form of boasting. But if people that find the game too hard are being heard, then why shouldn't we recieve the same treatment? (besides resource constraints)

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
who's treating who like dirt? the only responses i saw were people saying it was unlikely that Larian would implement this and that it certainly wouldn't be in the definitive edition if they haven't already announced it

i'm not saying i'd be against this - like people have said, more options can't be a bad thing - but it's true that the people who complain that this game is too easy are in the incredible minority, and unlike a game being too hard, a game being too easy is something that is at least partially fixable for the player by playing the game with added self-imposed restraints. sure, it feels artificial, but there will always be people who learn the system well enough to game it properly; a harder mode won't solve this and i can guarantee that less than a week from its release there would be people complaining that it's still not hard enough

whereas an easier mode addresses a more commonly seen issue that some people who want to enjoy this game casually are experiencing, and i tend to empathize with them more because you can only do so much to make something easy for yourself, at the end of the day if the game is hard enough for you on the easiest difficulty that it impedes your enjoyment of it then you probably aren't going to want to experience all it has to offer, and this is especially true for people who are new to this genre of game and want to test the waters without looking everything up and playing 100% optimally

anyway i really don't think anyone disagreeing was being disrespectful or even unreasonable. the most you can accuse them of is being pragmatic

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Froggy
In my experience, i had made a certain comp so effective that i could win EVERY single battle in less than 3 turns. And there was no use of any "cheesy" stratagies that are not intended. But my main issue is that; it's just one of the compositions i made, it's just the best one. And this doesn't require:

1. pre battle buffs.
2. pre battle unit setup.
3. pre battle stealth.
4. first cast.
5. knowledge of the enemy.
6. knowledge of the surroundings.
7. Lone Wolf.
8. Level advantage.
9. kiting.
10. Good gear.
11. Flasks/pots/food
12. ETC

Interesting. I would love to see how someone beat fights like the ones against The Eternal Aetera or the lizard assassins in act 2 or Adramahlihk or the endgame fight in under 3 turns WITHOUT #4 #5 AND #6.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 06/08/18 09:12 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Interesting. I would love to see how someone beat fights like the ones against The Eternal Aetera or the lizard assassins in act 2 or Adramahlihk or the endgame fight in under 3 turns WITHOUT #4 #5 AND #6.

Somewhat proving his point here. Sorry to say but unfortunately it's not even that hard once you understand the game's mechanics. Adramahlihk was beat in under 3 turns without even doing the quest to debuff him in my playthrough.
Just because you don't know how doesn't mean everyone else can't. I've seen this type of argument before and unfortunately it only holds up with ignorance.

I've tried to stay out of this argument but a lot of people really are against adding a harder difficulty for some reason. I don't see how it would hurt anyone in any way, and people have suggested changes for the mode that could be made by Larian in a day. I think it would be a step in the right direction for people like Froggy and I who simply want a (In my case, brutally) challenging game and don't care as much about the story or whatnot.

Unfortunately I don't believe that any mode Larian adds will be enough to cover up the issues the game has in combat, so I'll continue working on my overhaul to make the game what I believe it should have been.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by BlueFeuer

Somewhat proving his point here. Sorry to say but unfortunately it's not even that hard once you understand the game's mechanics. Adramahlihk was beat in under 3 turns without even doing the quest to debuff him in my playthrough.
Just because you don't know how doesn't mean everyone else can't. I've seen this type of argument before and unfortunately it only holds up with ignorance.

I've tried to stay out of this argument but a lot of people really are against adding a harder difficulty for some reason. I don't see how it would hurt anyone in any way, and people have suggested changes for the mode that could be made by Larian in a day. I think it would be a step in the right direction for people like Froggy and I who simply want a (In my case, brutally) challenging game and don't care as much about the story or whatnot.

Unfortunately I don't believe that any mode Larian adds will be enough to cover up the issues the game has in combat, so I'll continue working on my overhaul to make the game what I believe it should have been.

I wasn't emphasizing the "under 3 turns" part as much as the "without #4 #5 and #6". The thing is, #5 and #6 can only exist in your first playthrough ever, the first time or couple first times you attempt an encounter - when you really have no knowledge of both the enemies and the surroundings. You're telling me you beat Adramahlihk in under 3 turns in your first playthrough, FIRST try? Cause from the second try onward, #5 and #6 kinda cease to exist. Otherwise, there's no need to argue, cause I beat him in under 3 turns without weakening him in my first playthrough too, but it took a fair bit of strategizing AFTER I knew what to expect. And you only singled out Adramahlihk - what about EVERY other fight? You beat them all in under 3 turns in your very first playthrough, all in your first try? Why am I asking these questions? Because that's what Froggy was saying in his post: "i could win EVERY single battle in less than 3 turns", WITHOUT all the elements he listed.

Now that that's out of the way, just so we're on the same page: I don't count myself among those who are against adding harder difficulties. I beat Veteran and do feel like it could be harder. But tbh I won't complain regardless of whether Larian is going to do anything about the game's difficulty or not. So there's really no need to quote me and argue with me about this particular issue. The point of my previous post, was to express a bit of doubt toward what Froggy described in his post. It was never about all this "making the game harder or not" drama.

EDIT: And yes, while I have a bit of doubt about Froggy's post, when I said I'd love to see how he manages to do all that, I meant it - I would love to see the kind of tactics he came up with. Now, I'd love to hear how my previous post "Somewhat proving his point here", when our "points" are about totally different things. But I guess my previous post easily sounds like it comes from some "casuls" who struggle on Explorer and hate on anyone who doesn't find the game hard enough - no offense meant to any who finds Explorer hard.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 07/08/18 08:43 PM.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by miaasma
who's treating who like dirt? the only responses i saw were people saying it was unlikely that Larian would implement this and that it certainly wouldn't be in the definitive edition if they haven't already announced it

i'm not saying i'd be against this - like people have said, more options can't be a bad thing - but it's true that the people who complain that this game is too easy are in the incredible minority, and unlike a game being too hard, a game being too easy is something that is at least partially fixable for the player by playing the game with added self-imposed restraints. sure, it feels artificial, but there will always be people who learn the system well enough to game it properly; a harder mode won't solve this and i can guarantee that less than a week from its release there would be people complaining that it's still not hard enough

whereas an easier mode addresses a more commonly seen issue that some people who want to enjoy this game casually are experiencing, and i tend to empathize with them more because you can only do so much to make something easy for yourself, at the end of the day if the game is hard enough for you on the easiest difficulty that it impedes your enjoyment of it then you probably aren't going to want to experience all it has to offer, and this is especially true for people who are new to this genre of game and want to test the waters without looking everything up and playing 100% optimally

anyway i really don't think anyone disagreeing was being disrespectful or even unreasonable. the most you can accuse them of is being pragmatic

Last edited by vometia; 30/08/18 07:23 AM. Reason: formatting
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by miaasma

Just to clarify a little more on this; This is includes topics on forums such as Steam, Reddit, etc. Whenever there is a post regarding the difficulty being too easy, there is practically always some people that automatically assume that the OP is either Boasting, lying, or cheesing the game. And eventhough that it might be true that he is, it doesn't mean that the game is very easy if know how to take advantage of all the tools being presented.

It's just that, when i noticed similar remarks and arguments again't why someone should use [insert spell here] or [insert tactic here] because that is considered cheesy. And even though the spell or tactic in question is to OP, those people seem to miss the point entirely to what some players really want. And that is to pretty much use every little advantage we can come up with to overcome an encounter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for what tactic i use that i beat every encounter with in 3 turns in detail would take more effort than i'm willing to spend writing it down. However, i can give you a summery:

1. I use a High single target Melee stealth class
2. A Caster with high hydromancy
3. A Healer/Support to Buff and use Crowd Control.
4. A Tank/Support to act as target dummy to keep units grouped, and to provide all the other buffs that the healers doesn't bring.
5. Both the Caster and the Melee have Glass cannon, and execute talents.
6.The Caster is Fane because of the extra turn and Cheat Death.
7.Fane NEEDS to start first.

Then to very roughly explain the first turn: use every buff possible on the Caster, get Fane on the high ground, then cast any buffs that he might be missing that are unique (like the demon form from having to many source points when meeting Jahan), and lastly cast stealth or Cheat Death. (while being as efficient with your points as possible)

Then it's a matter of getting the A.I to swarm the Healer/or Tank. ideally, getting them as low as possible (health wise) to swap with the Caster, and use the necromancer spell to increase damage based on missing health. Also your melee should also be in stealth.

Then, Turn 2 starts. Fane and the Melee will delay their turn. With the healer being my last unit, he/she will cast rain. And, at the end of the turn the Melee should be placed close enough to utilize their action points to the fullest while not being to close to the group or boss.

When it's Fane's turn, use teleport, and nether swap on your tank and healer to group up casters or ranged units, and then swap the rain surface onto Fane. (for the free action points) then cast the spell that grants unlimited source points, and it's simply a matter of: Cast High Cost/Cooldown spells, use flay skin when it's possible, and when you have no points left, Cast Time warp.

After Time Warp, Cast the spell that removes all the cooldowns, make sure you plan out which units to finish off from execution points. (2 per turn) lastly finish your turn, right into Turn 3. Which, ofcourse is where Fane starts first, And this is the point where everything is pretty much already dead in a non boss scenario.

On bosses it's the same, but you use turn 3 with Fane by casting the left over spells, and actually using your Melee single target damage dealer. which, in non boss fights, is only there to kill any stray units in turn 2 and 3.

And this is just the general concept. (Setup and Destroy) And since the extra turn for Fane is technically playing him twice in one turn, this still means EVERYTHING dies in 3 turns.

And yes this is the short version. And stopped bothering typing that down. It requires alot of planning ahead, but once you figure out a good combo, it's a matter of executing it properly every encounter. Bosses and normal encounters only get 1 turn to do anything at all. And even then, only against a full plated tank and healer.
But this sucks the fun out of the game, so... yeah. To be honest though, it's very entertaining to make a build like that. Just a little boring to kill bosses without seeing what they do. Also, the game used to freeze everytime i used time warp at the end of my turn. (which they fixed a while ago)

When the Update is live, i'll start a new game and see if anything has changed. If not, i'll prolly make a video of the combo.

And i really want to stress that this is not anything i'm "boasting" about at all. I just don't want my fun in the game to vanish because i made a comp that is too effective. Which is pretty backwards.

P.S

Not authorized to remove or edit the previous post.

Last edited by vometia; 30/08/18 07:22 AM. Reason: formatting
veteran
veteran
I fail to see how the game is easy with that statement. The planning and knowledge to run such a planned out series of action is half the challenge on its own.

veteran
veteran
One of the my biggest concerns since EA:

At some point you will have every skill you need for your tactic and therefore combat will turn very static and repetative, because:

A. Character developement got pretty dumbed down: no influence on how much AP you have and gain, attributes pretty much only increase damage, nothing else, skill tree don't offer additional benefits on higher skill level (no reduced cost or other stuff)
B. ridiculous low requirements to learn high level skills, therefore you don't need any kind of dedication

With making AP static in the second game they killed most of their options to make character development more interesting and worthwile and they failed to come up with a replacement or did not even try.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Composer
I fail to see how the game is easy with that statement. The planning and knowledge to run such a planned out series of action is half the challenge on its own.

Quite. It's another story if you find the game easy even when playing casually, trying out various tools on the fly, making mistakes now and then, without relying on any ultra secret super strong combos and without any exploits. But when it's a case of extreme powergaming, there isn't much merit in your claim that the game is too easy. You figured out one single most efficient party combination, along with a very specific procedure on what to do and when, which is to be applied in every single encounter - well, good for you. But to claim that the game is "easy" based on this, is rather silly.

In this case, what you're asking for is not simply "a harder difficulty". You're asking for something that can completely shutdown powergaming. A modder with the same mindset might be willing to try and accomplish this, but there's no way the developers of the game would, or should.

veteran
veteran
I agree with you on some parts, but I've recently gone back to playing DOS 1 EE and after playing with the large AP pool, I think Larian made a good decision to go to a "Two Standard Actions per turn" framework. AP costs in DOS 1 vary wildly and it isn't always clear why some skills cost X AP and others cast Y AP. I find myself not being able to do anything on my turn a lot more often than in DOS 2.

I was skeptical myself when I first heard the change to a 4 AP system, largely concerned about how it might hurt Rogues, but it worked out with both The Pawn and points in Scoundrel granting movement.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Do the devs monitor these threads?

Would really like to know if they are going to include a higher difficulty mode than tactician, but NOT a single save type mode where it gets wiped.

veteran
veteran
They have not announced a new higher difficulty mode, and if one existed, they would have mentioned it.

One of the previews I've seen mentions that they'll be making the later-game harder.

apprentice
apprentice
I think that dos2 isn't too easy, or too hard, i think is too binary. With binary i mean that is too easy to switch from hard to easy, when you figured out the important things.
The entire games is wrapped around binarity, mainly due to the armor system. It's either 100% chance or 0%.
Imho the difficulty go through the same process, and it feels really hard when some understandings of the game mechanics are missing, and it feels really easy when these understandings are clear.
It's hard to balance, because it's not a scalable difficult, it's either 0 or 100, like the armor system. If you, for example, improve monster hp, dmg, or something else, i think the difficult would remains the same, with veteran players sleepwalk through the game and beginners struggle even more.
Dunno guys, i've the feel that there are very few things that could improve the difficult system.

One of these things, imho, is the lone wolf talent. It's totally broken, really. I try to avoid it during my playthrough because it really made the game ultra easy, even with one single character.
A nerf/balance of that talent it would be welcome.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I'm well aware that adding a difficulty to the game for people that an experience like me is not realistic. Because, that would simply not be possible to achieve with todays technology in gaming, since the issue is caused by A.I limitations. If you where to try and 'brute force' difficult fights, the only way to achieve that currently is by increasing the amount of Damage and or Health/Armor the A.I is given, But this really is not a ideal way of doing things. The main issue being that, as we progress trough the game and obtain better gear, skills and knowledge we rapidly out pace the static difficulty modifiers. And at the time you reach Act 3, the units would require more than 300% Armor and Health to be comparable in difficulty to Fort Joy. So i'm quite certain that the only way to increase difficulty in a way that is ideal, would be by having a much better A.I that is unpredictable.

Anyway, i'm not saying that DoS2 is either too easy or too hard in general. However, as i'm playing the game and get learn how new spells work, it's common that you'll start to experiment with certain combinations of spells, buffs and debuffs to see what works well together. And some might find trying to optimize their group more interesting than others, but this where MY personal issue lies. The game offers you ALOT of ways to optimise your party, however there really is no point in doing so with the vast majority of options at your disposal in order to complete the game.

And this is what i would like to be the case. I'm the kind of person that likes to progress on a boss encounter, where you would try and use every little advantage you could think of in order to increase the odds of killing that boss. This is the feeling that had when i played the game for the first few hours on Slane the Frost Dragon in Act 1 while being one or two levels below him. And this was a much more enjoyable experience, mainly because i didn't know shit. But as the normal encounters became perdictable in behaviour, and bosses fights where beaten in a single attempt, the game lost what i liked about it.

And that is simply what i would like to experience throughout the entirety of the game. And while this is not a suitable, or even an enjoyable scenario for the vast majority of those who play the game, it's something i
would like to experience. And again, while i'm fully aware that such drastic measures would require an additional difficulty, which they have never mentioned besides Story Mode, is therefore extremely unlikely. It's worth the effort to atleast point out that players who like to min max everything in games, are finding the current content too easy, and simply ask for something more challenging without the means to 'Boast about ma leet skillz' or to suggest that game is too easy for everyone else in general.

Perhaps the one of the largest issue in my case is that none of the comps i produce are with the intent to min-max their performance. So when i came back later to the game, after several patches had been deployed, and feeling like i should give it a second chance with a different comp in mind, the same issues occur the moment you gain the ability to cast certain utility spells/skills. Which results in the game being 'too easy' for me from that very moment. And the amount of skills that i would classify as 'too strong' are substantial.

For example; When i listed the incomplete sequence of actions that would result in me being able to beat ever fight in 3 turns, i didn't mention the spells i have available to me for certain types of scenarios. Such as; Shackels of Pain, Living on the Edge, Bone Cage and Guardian Angel. Which might not seem significant, however, when used in combination with other armor buffs from the healer and skills like; Overpower or Reactive Armour, can then be used in conjunction with the High single target damage from the melee character to remove the physical armor, and to apply chain. What this means is that from that moment 3 of my chars are standing near the Boss, and since the Tank is going to direct 100% of the damage taken onto the boss whilst being unkillable due to Living on the Edge, will cause the Boss to take damage from:

1. The Caster in the third turn
2. The Tank trough Shackels of Pain
3. The Melee trough Guardian Angel, from The Tank trough Shackels of Pain
4. The Healer trough Guardian Angel, from The Tank trough Shackels of Pain
5. Potentially The Caster trough Guardian Angel, from The Tank trough Shackels of Pain (if stood close to the boss)

And while this could potentially kill both the healer and the melee, the boss would have already been overkilled to a absurd degree. And even though this might be seen as a form of min-max, To see these potential combinations of skills and combos, it's not something i'm actively looking for if there is no need for them. Usually what happens is that, when i try to kill a boss that i'm far too underleveled for to kill in any regular way, i'll look to optimise my comp by taking their synergy more serious and make alterations that force away anything that is simply not good enough. When that is done you have a comp that is optimised to a high level, but still no where near Min-Max levels. However, that comp which was made to overcome a boss that was tuned for later levels, managed to kill this encounter. Which means; that even at this level of Min-Max the game can't control it's power curve, forget full try-hard.

It's just a shame that this is the case. As it could've been much closer to what i'm asking for. But, the main thing they will add/change in tactician, if there is not going to be an added difficulty, is that they implement the A.I they deemed too "Brutal" for the players. Maybe trough some form of ingame interaction. In addition, perhaps letting players fight against a certain group of units or boss in the Arena of every act, and if that challenge is completed successfully, they could choose to give all remaining NPC units in the game additional or increased modifiers. For example:

ACT 1 : Gives all remaining NPC units in the game a Random buff. (Reflecting damage, damage increase, movement speed increase, additional action points, additional skills, temporal Shields etc) Which is randomly assigned, and could either be a perm buff or something they might occasionally proc.

ACT 2 : Additional Health, shield and damage modifiers ontop of the tactician modifiers.

ACT 2+ : Extra monster spawns

ACT 3 : Bosses take 50% reduced damage.

Now, obviously these are just some ideas that give you an idea of how this could work with relatively little effort. The fights itself however, should be at a level where they accurately portray the increase of difficulty if you defeat them. As to make sure that the game prevents them getting in the position of someone attempting the encounter, and wouldn't be able to progress trough the game afterwards, because the 'test fight' was too easy. Or an option to revert it, ofcourse.

In the end, if it doesn't happen than so be it. but you can't really complain about something in a game and expect them to fix it, if you don't point it out. Especially when so few people care about it. If major changes can be made to improve the enjoyment i can get out of the game without the need to allocate many resources, then great.

Last edited by Froggy; 12/08/18 12:52 PM. Reason: Additional information
L
stranger
stranger
L
I would argue that memory slots should be a far more scars resource, with a cap. Having a limited skill pool in a fight (like the ones in Act I) evens things up, regardless of level. This could be complemented with a swapping skill system mid fight, which could come, too, from memory slots.

7 Memory Slots: 5 for skills, 2 left for 2 swapping possible per fight (could be represented as a consumable skill). Numbers would require tweaking.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lojdika
I would argue that memory slots should be a far more scars resource, with a cap. Having a limited skill pool in a fight (like the ones in Act I) evens things up, regardless of level. This could be complemented with a swapping skill system mid fight, which could come, too, from memory slots.

7 Memory Slots: 5 for skills, 2 left for 2 swapping possible per fight (could be represented as a consumable skill). Numbers would require tweaking.

I completely and utterly disagree. Memory is the most well-balanced attribute in the game. It needs no changes at all.

Memory can't be found on items other than a single unique, so to get a benefit from it, you need to spend points which would otherwise go to increasing your damage. It is a direct compromise of sacrificing power for utility.

There is always a limited skill pool, because there are always skills which could be useful but you can't afford to take because you don't have the memory slots.

Five skills in total, with two to swap in mid-combat? It would not be an exaggeration to say that such a change would require a complete redesign of the ENTIRE GAME. Every single thing which influences the combat would need to be scrapped and designed from the ground up, and the result would be a far more inflexible system full of cookie-cutter builds even MORE cookie-cutter than we get now, because some skills are just too good to not have, thus further limiting the possible loadout, and that is not counting the Healing, Escape, and Armor restoration skills. Take those and that'll leave you even fewer skills.

Give me Neverwinter Nights's Vancian Magic system before this whopper of a bad idea.

Your proposal is unworkable and would make mages completely and totally unplayable.

Nothing is stopping you from refusing to use more than 7 skill slots if you think that would be a neato self-challenge.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/08/18 04:32 AM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I think restricting memory is not the correct way to increase difficulty. It is self regulating. The more times I go through the game, the more I tend to reduce the amount of spells I use - HOWEVER it is a very fun aspect to have more versatility vs a slightly accelerated combat stat. I think this falls under the broad category of don't fix what isn't broken.

Basically if someone wants to have 30 skills and be all over the place - why not let them? Is it the best way to build (probably not) but I don't see the benefit of artificially restricting someone from a bad build. Furthermore, restricting down to very low memory slots would benefit some builds over others and mess with balance which really isn't ideal either.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Honestly, i think the best solution right now would simply be the "brutal A.I" that they claim was too merciless. in addition, giving the player the option to tune the difficulty themselfs. This would prolly be something like a slider for Health, Armor, Experience, Gold and Action Points. Anything like this would make me 'content' enough regarding difficulty, without being unrealistic. However, in the future i do hope they'll consider tuning their hardest content a little more aggressive, or give us a way to do it ourselfs. either trough options in a menu or ingame by completing various challenges.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard