Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Divnity Original Sin 2: Definitive Edition FAQ

1. What is Divinity Original Sin 2 Defintive Edition (DOS2:DE)?
DOS2:DE will be a new game version coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on August 31, 2018. It will include a multitude of tweaks, new journal, completely overhauled third chapter, new tutorial, interface updates, "Sir Lorna the Squirrel" DLC, PvP arena updates, and more! Additional details can be learned from Kickstarter Update #47

2. Will I get the DOS2:DE if I already own the game?
Yes, every owner of the PC edition will receieve the DOS2:DE for free on PC. It will show up in your Steam or GOG library as a separate game client.

3. Will I still be able to play the original DOS2 after DOS2:DE comes out?
Yes, there will be two separate game clients - one for DOS2 original and one for DOS2:DE.

4. Will my save games from DOS2 be compatible with DOS2:DE?
Due to the number of complex changes coming in the Definitive Edition, save-games aren't compatible but you'll have the option to launch either the classic game or the Definitive Edition from your library.

5. Will the existing DOS2 mods work with DOS2:DE?
Mods originally made for DOS2 classic will not be loaded by the DOS2:DE game client. DOS2:DE mods will appear in the same Steam workshop but with a new, unique tag identifying them as such. This means existing mods will require their respective authors to re-upload them using the DOS2:DE version of the Divnity Editor. Some mods will require specific porting efforts by the author while others (e.g. some "class mods" and those limited to stat table changes) can conceivably be re-uploaded with little to no change.

6. Will GM Mode be supported on consoles?
No, GM Mode is not going to be supported on console platforms.

7. Will there be crossplay between PC, PS4, and Xbox One?
Crossplay will not be supported across different platforms.

Last edited by Windemere; 31/07/18 03:23 PM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Will it be possible to download just DE without the old version?

stranger
stranger
Simply thanks for releasing an edition with Story mode. Never got to play DOS1 due to difficulties playing it. Ook fier op wat "Larian" betekent op wereld vlak in de gaming community. Draag graag mijn steentje bij maar speel ook graag als casual gamer de game. Bij deze is mijn wens vervuld.

stranger
stranger
Is there a way to see the whole change list?
I've seen the link on the kickstarter page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IcADAJsLeHHXYjCnR5MwCm9GTWRdKzRtIYcCqO_RI6U/edit
But it is blocked now. I believe it's due to a huge traffic.
I'm really interested to see balance changes before I start my new great adventure.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi!
I was wondering: I redeemed the first of my KS keys on GOG and the second on Steam... I now have access to the Definitive Ed. on GOG, but I don't see it on Steam, is that normal?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Where is the technical specs and hardware requirements for this game listed? What version of DirectX is the game engine using? What are the minimum PC hardware requirements (CPU model and speed, RAM requirements, and minimum graphics card recommendations)?

Amiga: Best personal computer ever invented
Commodore: Company that killed what computing should have been
Apple: Best substitute computing choice available (for now)
stranger
stranger
Hey everyone. I'm a ps4 player and i was wondering about Something :
lately, ps4 players having free gift pack about popular mods. i would love if they could add more classe and skill for the next gifts packs, do you think that it could be possible ?

stranger
stranger
Hey, I have a PS4, and I'm on a trip at another region and I'm thinking on buying the game. I want to know if the definitive edition has any code to download content or is only disc content? Because you can't donwload content from foreign regions. Thanks

Support
Support

There will very likely be game updates to download, depending on when the disk was produced, and there is another game update currently being prepared (but there are still things to be added, so it will not be released until next year).

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard