Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I've been trying to play the Classic Story for the DE of the game, with DE mods, over the last few days.

I've ensured the mod path is correct (...\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\Mods), and mods are selectable from the Main Menu after booting the game up.

No matter whether I tic one mod or twelve mods, I get this error upon trying to start up Classic Story. I've done tons of googling and have found very little about this issue outside of it normally occurring when mods are not up-to-date with the game's latest patch.

My husband and our friend whom we've been playing a co-op campaign together with, have no issues starting a campaign with mods. I have no issues JOINING their created campaigns.

But I cannot start a campaign on my end without this error popping up when I attempt to use mods.

Can someone please help me understand what might be causing this problem? I've tried everything from changing mod load order, re-installing the game, resetting the game after ticking or unticking mods, putting the mods in the steam directory... I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Xjorukm?; 04/09/18 07:44 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Someone on GOG had the same problem. They had a custom Documents folder, and solved the issue by changing back to the default one. Do you perhaps also have an ActiveDirectory Documents folder or so?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I did some searching and it doesn't appear that I have a custom Documents folder. The Larian Studios hierarchy is located in C:\Users\User\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition.

I checked the "Location" tab on the Documents directory and it's showing the default location here, as well.

I looked around for a potential ActiveDirectory and even checked Steam's local location to make sure. Nothing seems amiss with regard to that, unless I should be looking elsewhere.

EDIT: Thinking back to when I was modding the classic edition of the game... It seemed to have a lot of issues with my PC account name (Jorukmír) due to the "í" letter. I had to jump through quite a few hoops to get some of my created mods working. Could this potentially be an issue?

EDIT2: I went ahead and made a User folder "Jorukmir" (I've long since changed my account name, but the User Folder remained using the old "í." Used the "i" this time) and moved all of my files to it. The game loaded, mods included, without any errors. I'm willing to bet that's what it was. This is the only game where such a minute detail has caused me so much headache. Hah!

Thank you for the reply!

Last edited by Xjorukm?; 06/09/18 05:53 PM.
Q
stranger
stranger
Q
I have the exact same problem. I hope this'll somehow get fixed, because changing your user folder seems like a lot of work on win 10.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard