Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
After killing the 2 false magisters trying to save Han inside Fort Joy and using the boat to escape, my chars get the 2400xp reward multiple times. I would not have noticed if it had not made me level to 5 a few minutes only after my characters got to level 4. When I checked the log I saw that 2 of my characters had gained 2400xp 6 times and the others 5 times. I reloaded a saved game then made one right before taking the boat and, each time I escape, my chars get different amounts of xp: the same char can get from 9k+ to 21k+ exp. I play in singleplayer mode, chars are a custom, Fane, Lohse and Sebille in regular tactician. 1 free level up breaks the game, I do not know if this bug happens again later for I stopped there. I may try again using an older saved game but I have little hope.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Too late to edit... I forgot the game was released on consoles so I did not add that this occurred on the PC version.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Same thing happened to me on PC with a 4-man party. Left Ft. Joy on the boat and my main got 14400xp and the others got 12000xp. This is a little annoying. It was reported on the Steam forum as well but I haven't seen much comment on it. I wonder if it's consistent or a random bug.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
You get the same bug if you escape through Kniles'room or using the drawbridge, the quest reward is bugged. I'll wait for a fix, I am not in a rush.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Had the same bug if I escaped via boat with Han or also via the sewers in the torture room. Quite annoying, if your party levels aren't according to each other anymore.

M
stranger
stranger
M
the same problem with all ways from Fort Joy. two heroes got 14400xp and the others two got 12000xp

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
The problem is not really that the xp is not the same for all but rather that everyone should only get 2400xp. It Makes the First part of the game way too easy especially when higher level also means better gear available at the shops while, with a tiny bit of game knowledge, you can enter Fort Joy and escape through the sewers without a single fight right from the start (after you see Atusa'scene and are done recruiting you party members) to get your big boost. I think the difficulty in tactician was well balanced as it was, but with one extra level so early it is now pretty Casualized. Obviously, it is a bug and was not intended as such.

M
stranger
stranger
M
this problem happens only with Fort Joy or with others quests too?

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm contact with support, they will check it and if this is a bug the patch can be released in this month

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Nice! I don't know if it happens elsewhere, though, Right now, I'm giving the Definitive Edition a month or two and then I'll restart my playthrough from scratch.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
So, it had been more than a month since I had last checked and you still get outrageously high XP for escaping Fort Joy (about 15k, even in Act 3 it would still be a lot for a quest!). The XP is still received as 2400 XP multiple times (2400 XP once is what you get for this quest in classic mode) and still varies between your chars. The only difference now is that a char will get the same amount of XP each time you reload and re-escape while you would get random numbers in the past. Does anyone out there know if it is going to stay as is, if it has become permanent..? I know there are more pressing bugs that require a lot of attention (like multiplayer stuff) but I would not mind a little bit of info! Funny how some people complain sometimes about the game not being hard enough but apparently getting an almost full level just for going through a door does not seem to bother them much as this bug remains quite ignored by most...

M
stranger
stranger
M
I continued to play with the difference in XP and in one of the quests (somewhere on the Reaper's Coast) it became the same!) I don't know it was the same error with the random distribution of the wrong XP (and I was lucky) or later there was the same problem they had already solved

M
stranger
stranger
M
I think I found a way to fix the bug! After the escape abandon companions whose XP is wrong and then invite them again. The XP of all new chars will be equal to the XP of the main char.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thank you for your efforts but even my main character(s) (I had started another playthrough to see if it would do it again with other chars) get an abnormally high amount of XP for this frown ... Hopefully it gets fixed one of these day or maybe I'll look for a mod to block my XP earnings at 2400 just for this quest.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard