Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#649183 08/09/18 12:14 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
New to the game, although I did KS both of them. smile

Playing on classic mode and mostly interested in the story and some fun, interesting combat moments. I will have time for one play through only so I want to see/do as much as I can in one go of it.

Main: Fane (wizard)
Ifan: Wayfarer
Red Prince: Fighter

Advice? Who for #4, leaning towards Lohse from reading recommendations but I also think Sebille could be fun, Beast as well.

Right now I have Lohse in as an enchanter. So that's 2 physical and magic which I understand is ok to do.

So who is better for the story for a 4th?
And, do I need to hardcore theorycraft my characters on Classic? Or can I just kind of "go with it"?

Thanks!!

i7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080sc/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro/Win10Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5-TrackClip Pro
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
do you plan on leveling up loremaster (civil ability that allows you to identify objects and examine enemies for info) on someone? if you aren't doing it on fane then sebille is a great candidate because her elf racial bonus is +1 loremaster

on the other hand, i do like lohse's story quite a lot and she works great as an enchanter, especially when you get savage sortilege and take advantage of her +5% crit chance

overall i'd lean towards lohse for her story. sebille's is good too but it doesn't last quite as long through the game as lohse's does

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was going to have Lohse use her Loremaster and Fane do Persuasion and maybe Thievery. Or I was gonna Ifan do Thievery and Bartering.

Last edited by AstroCat; 09/09/18 11:23 AM.

i7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080sc/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro/Win10Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5-TrackClip Pro
veteran
veteran
You should but Bartering and Persuasion on the same character not Thievery. Persuasion at a little influence on shopping too. Don't think that thievery and Bartering have any synergy. If you get caught thieving, you lose attitude anyway.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
You should but Bartering and Persuasion on the same character not Thievery. Persuasion at a little influence on shopping too. Don't think that thievery and Bartering have any synergy. If you get caught thieving, you lose attitude anyway.

If you had played the game past Driftwood, you would already know that is BAD ADVICE.

Each character should take one and only one civil skill until it is maxed out, you don't get enough to do otherwise.

Splitting points between Bartering and Persuasion means you are guaranteed to fail Persuasion checks later on you otherwise would have stood a chance of passing.

stranger
stranger
Totally agree with Stabbey.

Most important are Persuasion (on main hero for role playing), Thievery and Loremaster, others are optional for the comfortable playthrough. Lucky charm is very nice in the early game, not needed later on. As well as Bartering.

If There Is A Will There Is A Way
veteran
veteran
I never suggested to level barterting, I said you should have both on the same if you do. We normally got bartering from equipment, was just hell of annoying to change all the items before trading.

Also you can respec at any time after Act 2, so if you fail Persuasion, you can just go back and change it, if you wish too.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard