Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I stopped my DOE2 DE playthrough for now, waiting for a few bugs to get fixed, so I could not test this myself: Did that exploit get fixed? There are many ways to do it, so I am going to describe one method only: have 2 chars enter battle, keep 2 out of battle and away from it; with one of the fighters, select "delay turn" (they will act last, at the end of the turn) and when their turn comes, do not end it. With a non-fighter (and at a safe distance from battle), summon an Incarnate (incarnate A) on a surface that grants them a ranged attack; Incarnate A runs to battle and when it arrives the char who had delayed their turn ends it; Incarnate A has 4 APs worth of action, he can use 3 (1 to get close to the enemy and 2 to use its ranged attack for instance) and then waits; the 2nd non-fighter summons another Incarnate (B) which runs to battle; when B arrives, A is resummoned outside of battle which, ofc, ends its turn; Incarnate B can now use 3 APs to attack enemies and then waits for Incarnate A to rejoin battle; at this point B is resummoned, A acts for 3 APs worth and waits for B to rejoin; rinse, repeat while the turn never ends and enemies cannot do anything because they already acted in this turn... (can also be used with water Incarnates to heal allies fully). I found this during my first playthrough (only a few days before DE release) and while I did not use it, it does seem like a weakness in the combat system (I do not doubt that other players found this abuse loooong ago and maybe reported it already). I hope DE makes it impossible, so that I do not have to wonder each time: what is the limit between what you should be able and should not be able to do with your chars outside of battle to help those who are fighting (especially with the escape system)?

veteran
veteran
Problem: Choosing to use an exploit results in boring, repetitive gameplay.
Solution: Don't use the exploit.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Indeed, but maybe summons should not be possible outside of battle unless it is a familiar, much weaker and more fitted for exploration only.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard