Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
At the moment, the Entangled status prevents the use of pretty much all teleportation and movement-type skills, such as Teleport, Nether Swap, Battering Ram, Cloak and Dagger, and Flight.

Backlash, however, is not affected by Entangled. In essence it's a teleportation. The skill description says you "jump over" the target. Seems to me that it should be disabled by Entangled too, for better consistency.

Would make Entangled a great counter to Gheists. Otherwise, they can still Backlash to someone and kill them with the next basic attack.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 14/09/18 12:38 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
iirc Blitz Attack works while crippled too

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Right I just checked, Blitz Attack also works while the character is Entangled. Hmm. This might actually be intended, but I still think they should be disabled. I just don't see any reason why they should be the exception.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 14/09/18 10:38 AM.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Also check out the webbed status. In DOS2 Classic, Blitz Attack and Backlash still work when the character is webbed.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Core One
Also check out the webbed status. In DOS2 Classic, Blitz Attack and Backlash still work when the character is webbed.

They do indeed, in DE. Enwebbed and Entangled are the same thing in terms of mechanics, looks like.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 14/09/18 12:41 PM.

veteran
veteran
But you can't throw your shield, if you are silenced. laugh

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
because shield throw is a spell. (it even crit with savage sortilege)
apparently you need to chant some warrior magic to throw non round object proberly so it would hit 1-2 targets and return back to your hand laugh

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Hey guys, actually it is not difficult to fix the Backlash and Blitz Attack problem, i tried to create a mod and just need to have minor changes.

For your info, the mod is in here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1621250187

stranger
stranger
I agree that those skills should NOT work when entangled or enwebbed. There are no lore or gameplay reasons they should work whilst other movement abilities are blocked.

I was very surprised to find myself one shot by Kniles / Gheists backstabbing me after being entangled, and assumed it was a bug.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
They shouldn't work while crippled either, but I know that Back Lash works when crippled too.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard