Print Thread
#649413 12/09/18 03:18 PM
T
twobob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Even with all the latest nerfs and armor buffs...

Pure vanilla Kaen is still utterly destroying the game
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/309079643

Seriously.
Just remembering the fights and running in honor mode is one thing and sure that makes it a bit more risky but honestly.... Like add 2k more armor to everything. and maybe double the HP???

Another Difficulty mode maybe for the real players?
IMMORTAL or something?

Anyway. it would make it a real challenge at last.
Thanks

old hand
old hand
This complaint being in the "Technical Problems" section would probably be mildly funny, were it not for the fact that all the complaints about game being "too easy" are getting pretty tiring at this point.

"destroying the game"... playing solo the Fane with Lone Wolf. Please.

Seriously, if you're really making a complaint about game being too easy of all things and demanding something being done about it, you need to wake up.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
T
twobob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
It was an observation that there is a path/character/mechanic in place that makes the game too easy. And this could be combated in the future by adding an additional difficulty level. Seems pretty legit?

But fair enough - happy to put this somewhere more sensible if you have an actual suggestion where that might be.

I fed back this comment and he is happy to beat it as a dwarf instead... Extra level makes more sense

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by twobob; 14/09/18 12:03 PM.
veteran
veteran
Technical Problems means actual bugs and problems getting the game to work, you want the Suggestions and Feedback forum.

T
twobob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thanks Stabbey. Can I move the thread in toto or is that a mod thing?

old hand
old hand
I wasn't trying to be mean or rude. It was probably an exaggerated reaction, or call it whatever you like.

The thing is... have you yourself been playing the DE?

Why am I asking you that? Because, if you've been playing, and actually paid attention, you should notice a lot of problems that come with the DE. Some are minor but frustrating and having rather significant negative impact on the overall experience. Some are huge. Quite a few of them were never even there in the classic edition. This fact is reflected by the flood of new problem reports on the forums since the DE's release.

By default, the "average players" are what make up the majority of the playerbase. And I daresay what the average players really want, is a *stable* game, where things work as they should, and the player's experience is not marred by silly little things every fifteen minutes or so. We don't *need* a game that can be hard enough to satisfy the most hardcore of players.

So my point is, given the state the DE is in at the moment, whenever someone brings up the issue of "game being too easy", I just feel it's so ridiculous. There are *real* problems, and many of them too, that actually need attention right now.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 14/09/18 01:04 PM.

T
twobob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
W/e it's fine, I take your point. Nevertheless, adding an extra, harder level that does a 150% buff to all enemies would not hurt. As a software engineer I appreciate that resources are limited in fixing bugs.

Happy to move this thread or let someone else move it.

EDIT: Yes, perhaps you could tame down your seeming combative propensity. but w/e I'm not your dad and people who have the anonymity proffered by threads tend toward being "all tough". Generally, I ignore this false chest-puffing.

Last edited by twobob; 14/09/18 04:57 PM. Reason: attempted to make this as even a response as possible
old hand
old hand
I would say exactly the same thing in real life and would gladly argue about this particular issue with you or anyone.

Originally Posted by twobob
EDIT: Yes, perhaps you could tame down your seeming combative propensity.

I try my best. I only react strongly to particular issues only once in a while. Like most normal people do.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 14/09/18 09:59 PM.

T
twobob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
okay then.

Happy for any input on the actual point at hand.

Extra level would make sense IMHO

stranger
stranger
You could try using some mods, there are already few updated ones that increase difficulty, and I'm sure more will come.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i think what they needed to do, in terms of difficulty increase, was add more enemies/more skills to enemies in fights for either tactician difficulty or even a separate, higher difficulty altogether. i don't find the game too easy, and on tactician difficulty i still have to pace myself, but i don't have any real trouble with most fights unless i'm fighting enemies that are a level above me - all of this applies only to 4-man party, as lone wolf is still absurdly easy even after the nerf

veteran
veteran
Someone said extra levels? Extra buffs? Have a chat with Sarah, she can alter the strength of your foes and even increase their attributes by a modifier you instruct her to! smile

Perhaps you may find some enjoyment from this mod.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510588791&result=1

T
twobob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Excellent points.
Many thanks.
If they get some time at the end of all the "real" fixes perhaps just a "TOUGHNESS MULTIPLIER" slider at startup that goes from 100 - 300% could do the job. (linked to armor/M armor/ HP)

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard