Next Thread
Print Thread
#649404 12/09/18 12:09 PM
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Having played DOS2 before, the Embassy in Arx was always annoying because cursed fire would get stuck in walls making it hard to stop cursed revenants from respawning on death.

DOS2 Definitive Edition has changed the mechanics of cursed revenant which has me stumped. On death, they spawn a small fiery pool on ground called "Infernal Ego" which after one turn will turn back into a new cursed revenant. These pools are low HP but marked invulnerable the same way Shriekers are and I have not found away to eliminate them. They cannot be source vamp'd, nor does Bless help. Similarly the revenant cannot be source vamp'd, and using bless or blessed water arrows on them will weaken them and remove their necrofire effect, but they still spawn ego on death. This occurs even if I have eliminated necrofire on ground from area.

Are we meant now to just ignore revenant damage and just charge through rooms to the portal, or is there a way to deal with the Ego things that I have overlooked?

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
If anyone figures out the Ego's, let me know...its not a showstopper, since you can run past them.

I finished Definitive edition, and now may retry as summoner named "The Chickenator". Now if only fireballing an enemy in chicken form would add a piece of fried chicken to their corpse.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Had this problem myself, but I think i've got to the bottom of it. It seems that the infernal ego looks for necrofire and uses that to respawn as a revenant. If it doesn't find the fire then the revenant spawns and immediately dies. I think that's what it is anyway XD

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Its possible. Under the older system, the revenant would immediately respawn at location of necro fire so it was easy to find where it was coming from. But now the ego seems to spawn where it dies, so if there is a tiny piece of necrofire hidden in wall somewhere, it will be harder to find. I thought I had eliminated it all before killing it, but perhaps I missed a spot somewhere.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Same story. Only way I found to eliminate them was to teleport them waaay far from any fires. Seemed to do the trick

enthusiast
enthusiast
And not even any experience point.
This game has the most infuriating ideas I've ever saw.
Between that, the void chickens and the trolls ...

stranger
stranger
I teleport them to a Paladin, they healed it, and it died.

They will die if there is no nearby fire. Because they need to consume it.

Last edited by Azure; 02/03/19 09:19 AM.
stranger
stranger
Just use source vampirism on it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard