M
Muto Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi there!

Yesterday we encountered a bug(?) related to delayed turns:

Situation: A character chooses to delay its turn and gets hit by a hard CC (Stun/Knockdown/etc.) before his turn actually starts.

Outcome: That character's turn skipped completely

Expected: When the turn is delayed, all debuffs applied during that turn (between the click on "Delay turn" and the actual turn) should reduce their turn-counter by one as usual.

Therefore that character loses effectively two turns to a single CC effect. This is extremely frustrating and nearly whiped our group at one point, since our healer got affected by it.
We assume that the underlying problem is that all buff/debuff counters are reduced when the character is active for the first time during a turn and therefore they will not be reduced (again) when his delayed turn actually starts.

Is this the intended behaviour? If not, we hope it can be fixed soon smile

Kind Regards
Muto

Last edited by vometia; 23/09/18 06:46 PM. Reason: formatting
old hand
old hand
I just checked, it's just like you said.

As you pointed out, it is considered that the character's turn already started for that combat round, so effects applied to them only start counting off starting from the next round. From a certain point of view, it's actually a consistent behavior. Even though you haven't done anything for that round, you did get to decide to delay your turn. You could think of delaying turn as a "special" move; you have started your turn, you just delay your ability usage.

It certainly seems harsh, but I'd also say that it's an inherent risk of delaying your turn, especially when there are a lot of enemy combatants who haven't moved, and the risk of being cc'd or killed outright is high. It's up to the player to assess that risk.

I'm somewhat on the fence about this. Seems like one of those issues which I'll just have to get used to, whether they get changed or not.

EDIT: I tested a bit more with positive effects. The same rule applies. If a character delays their turn, then another character applies Enrage on them, the former does get an extra turn of Enrage. It only wears off after that character has finished their turn in the next round. So it seems fair, doesn't it - all buffs applied to that character also get extended by one turn.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 23/09/18 09:28 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
As far as I can tell the durations are counted from the triggering turn. If Lohse casts Fossil Strike on a zombie, the zombie is slowed until Lohse's next turn, not till the end of its own turn. In most cases this distinction barely matters. With that in mind the behavior you described is consistent.

M
Muto Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks for your answers!

After considering that (and doing some more testing with other buffs myself), it does indeed seem like consistent behaviour and I can see the viewpoint of "delay implies the risk of losing the turn".

It is annoying to lose a turn like that, but since this seems to be the intended behaviour we simply need to take that into consideration while playing.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard