Next Thread
Print Thread
#649934 24/09/18 04:06 PM
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
The wiki page of the TeleportTo call (https://docs.larian.game/Osiris/API/TeleportTo) mentions that there is experimental support for teleporting triggers and I think this support has been removed in the DE edition. I've used it in some scripts and they do no longer work and I've also tried it in a new setup with different triggers and I cannot teleport them. Is my observation right? If so, we should remove the mention of the experimental support.

I wanted to use the TeleportTo call to create some dynamic animations. ItemMoveToTrigger is the only animation call (I am aware of) that can both animate position and rotation. My idea was to use it in a puzzle where the player can move items to several locations; I wanted to snap and align the moved items to a grid by calculating the position and rotation, move the trigger in place with TeleportTo and use ItemMoveToTrigger to animate the item.

T
addict
addict
T
I'm not aware of the TeleportTo support for Triggers having been removed in DE. Afaik we even use it in a few places in the main campaign's story. I'm on holidays currently, so I can't check in the code though.

You're right that ItemMoveToTrigger is (afaik) the only call that supports both moving and rotating at the same time.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Enjoy your vacations! And stop checking the forums, we need you to come back fresh and relaxed so we can ask you a lot of dump questions wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am by no means a scripter, but I can confirm teleporing using triggers work in DE. At least they do in GM Mode.
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=649494#Post649494

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
@Redunzgofasta I do not want to teleport players that enter a trigger, I want to teleport the trigger itself. So basically the goal is to move the trigger around.

Link Copied to Clipboard