Print Thread
#649966 25/09/18 05:07 PM
L
lamp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hi, I bought DoSEE and loved it. I bought DoS2 and thought maybe it will be better with the EE. DoS2DE is really disappointing, idk how the combat manages to be so slow and boring. I tried to have fun but having the weird effects from skills affect different parts of the enemies is just unbelievable that people reviewed this, thought yeah this is a good idea and implemented it. I learned impalement, on my necro I thought cool aoe spell sets crippled (based on physical armor) scales with int, so I use it to cripple and it does magic damage ........ what? .... this game keeps pulling these little things that make it so lame and boring. I even went to check the wiki to make sure its not a bug in the skill and nope
"This skill deals Earth damage which goes against Magical Armour , but the Crippled status is resisted by Physical Armour ."

I wish Larian had just built upon DoSEE with their updated engine and kept mechanics the same. This game is really disappointing and not fun. I dont expect anything to happen from this thread but I was so disappointed with this purchase I needed to say something.

lamp #649970 25/09/18 08:07 PM
veteran
veteran
Yeah, one of many annoyances and why the armor system feels poorly thought through.

lamp #649984 26/09/18 11:25 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
I don't find this problem annoying a many others I actually find this a strong point in their game (Bring the Hate). You see I find it better since it makes you have to rethink your whole strategy and go with something different. The only problem I find here is that if you want to do a All Wizard build then build you have no way on get the enemy to have no physical armor in order for you to cripple them.

Maybe if you want you can try a more mixed build between magical and physical dps, or you can even go lone wolf and have a wizard and warrior, rouge game. That's what I'm doing . I'm a Wizard and my friends a rogue and we destroy everything. So maybe try that and see how it goes

L
lamp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
It does not make sense and like I said its a very odd way of thinking for a game like this to implement combat in this way. Since it does not make sense, it is not fun and I will not play it anymore and this is what my negative steam review will also say.

lamp #649988 26/09/18 03:45 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
It's personal opinion, if you don't like it you don't like it, as I said I find it enjoyable.

lamp #649993 26/09/18 05:32 PM
veteran
veteran
It's not hard to destroy everything with Lone wolf trait, even after the nerf it is still said to be broken.

lamp #650011 27/09/18 12:03 PM
Lamp, I think developers are taking a break. Making such changes for DE is a huge task. But, I'm sure they'll polish it when they get back.

lamp #650020 27/09/18 08:06 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
there is a mod that tried to bring back the systems from DOS1.
but I think the armor system of DOS2 Is a good thing. cuz it brings more clarity and less random. and you can always plan ahead because you know exactly how things will turn out.

lamp #650026 28/09/18 12:10 AM
veteran
veteran
That makes fight so boring and repetative.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard