Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
Yefo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
I recently got Divinity Original Sin 2 for PS4 and am very much enjoying it. I have progressed beyond Fort Joy and am looking to hone in on my final party/rough builds for each member.

One thing I'm starting to notice though: having a magic damage dealing mage in my party seems to have very low value, which is very different from the first Divinity Original Sin game.

The problem is that three of my characters do mostly armor damage, so at least so far, I've found having the fourth character do mostly magic damage is basically useless. He's working on damaging the enemy's magic armor while everybody else on my team is working on regular armor.

I used to find myself liking to try out hybrid builds, but it seems the armor system in Divinity 2 lends itself to specific characters focusing on just one type of damage.

TL;DR: Do most people build their party around doing either entirely armor damage/entirely magic damage vs. having a mix of damage types?

Last edited by vometia; 28/09/18 11:35 PM. Reason: formatting
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
there is a nice guide on party compositions on fextralife: https://fextralife.com/divinity-original-sin-2-party-combinations-guide-magic-physical-and-mixed/

usually in general it's better to go as either full magical, full physical or 2\2. though some builds may go hybrid and geal both damage types. 3\1 tends to be a bit weaker composition. unless you use that "1" as only a buffer. without dealing any damage at all....but even then it's better to specialize him as the rest of the party. just in case.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Yefo
Do most people build their party around doing either entirely armor damage/entirely magic damage vs. having a mix of damage types?

I don't think so. Those who play this game exactly one time most likely don't go for the "either or" 100% one damage type. Those who play through the game multiple times probably do that a couple times, I'd guess.

Having only one magical damage dealer in the party is not so bad. That's actually what I'm doing on my current playthrough. I must say I'm actually having an easier time than on my first playthrough in which I had a 2/2 comp, with more optimized builds. You just need to make sure the magical damage dealer does A LOT of damage. Right now I'm in the last portion of the game; only my main does magical damage, and she mains Geo and Pyro.

That being said, I have a tank summoner who can have the summon deal elemental damage in case I need it.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 28/09/18 11:12 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard