Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I want to make a new skill that could update character's buff. For example, updating existed farsight buff to permant buff.
I know only few about scripts, so I made this by imitated original script and follow the guide of larian wiki:

INIT
CHARACTER:__Me
EXTERN STATUS:%Status=BUFFUPDATE
EXTERN INT:%StatusReApplyOnRemove=0
EXTERN STRING:%ReactToStatusRemoveAD=null
INT:%SetStatus=1

EVENTS

EVENT ApplyBuffStatusUpdate
ON
OnCharacterStatusApplied(__Me,%Status)
ACTIONS
IF "c1&c2"
CharacterHasStatus(__Me,%Status)
CharacterHasStatus(__Me,FARSIGHT)
THEN
CharacterApplyStatus(__Me,FARSIGHT,-1,1)
ENDIF

The script is already imported to resource manager. New status can normally activated, but script effect doesn't work in game. What's wrong with my script?

Last edited by KiyamaHarumi; 02/10/18 06:25 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Have you assigned the script to the character you are testing this on?

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
No, how to assign the script?

T
addict
addict
T

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Thanks, But..do I need to assign script to every playable character in root template? Or there is a way could set the script as an overwatch script so that every character may use it without specific assignment. Do I have to activated it at project setting or must create new package under "divinityoriginsin" fold, or import script to existed package?
From another thread, They say there is a window pop-up to build the link when create a script resource, but I never saw such window.

Last edited by KiyamaHarumi; 03/10/18 12:59 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
You have to assign character scripts to all characters that should use this script. You can assign it to root templates, but then it still won't be used by local characters for which the scripts property has been modified (because that custom scripts property will override the one from the root template).

If you want to implement something globally, either use story scripting/Osiris, or use a game script (also explained on the link above).

Link Copied to Clipboard